Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Film V film

Likes (received)

Default Film V film

In the Rambo 4 (the search for matcho/homosexual ideology and cash) I have decided to see what films you can think of that are say The Hills Have Eyes versus Pee Wee Herman's summer camp holiday.

What you need is two film titles, a basic plot and a selling point. Nothing more. Maybe if we wrote all the crossover film ideas, maybe Holy-wood may stop producing them for fear of copyright infringement and copyright theft.

So who wants to be first?

Likes (received)

Lord of the Rings Vs. The Chronicles of Narnia (AKA: The Lion, The Orc and The Gollum)

An epic tale of Good vs. Evil (of course! What else could it be?) as short, hairy-footed Shire denizens of Middle Earth take on an army of 20th-century schoolchildren for supreme dominance over a wardrobe containing a cursed ring.

Along the way, the Shire folk encounter a Cowardly Lion, a green Witch, and...oops -- wrong movie! They encounter a Noble Lion, a giant spider, Marsh Wiggles and an Ice Queen who offers them a Dairy-Treat franchise. The ultimate battle to win or lose all begins when the wardrobe, containing several bratty English kids, falls from the sky and squashes one of the Shire characters, causing all hell to break loose. The lion eventually eats everyone, and the enormous cosmic belch he emits breaks the spell cast over the combined universes. The scened dissolves into an old "Walker: Texas Ranger" episode in which a little Tibetan kid can bring dead plants back to life by touching them and smiling an enlightened Buddhistic smile.

Selling point: the entire cast and crew hirings are outsourced to India, cutting the production costs to $10,000 U.S.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Likes (received)

Your turn!
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Holy crap, Cady.
    That was, by FAR, the best movie plot I have ever read.
    That was even funnier (albeit just by a little) than reading the back cover of a Japanese movie translated by the Chinese into English. Awesome!

Likes (received)

Yeah? Great! I wrote it in about 6 minutes, which is probably about the same amount of time most Hollywood types spend on the typical "High Concept" movie. My secret? A natural talent for random stream-of-consciousness mumbling.

Wonder how quickly I could jot out the screenplay...? Any financial backers out there?
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Star Trek v The Daleks
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=D4QPihJTYNs

I'd esp like that smug Janeway to meet them and discover that no, we can't all just get along. like good pals once we know and understand each other.

Dirk