Likes Likes:  0
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36

Thread: Body Conditioning

Likes (received)

Closing the thread for now. I will let Nathan (How did the name Nathan Johnson come about? LOL) re-open it if he feels that it should.
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

Folks, I can't be on the internet all day every day to follow every post as it comes out. I have to work sometimes. Taking this into consideration, I asked the other Mod's to keep an eye on this forum over the last few days so I could go to work and focus on --- work. Thanks to George for closing 'er down.

Mark, I'm sure Dan appreciates you taking up the fight for him, but I've had enough of the BS on this thread and this forum. If you have anything further to say feel free to send it to me privately.

For those interested in this thread, and this topic in particular, FWIW - I've had it. I only left this thread in this forum because it was clear that some members found the thread of interest, and Dan kept bringing it up his training and comparing it with Daito-ryu. However, this thread has largely not been a discussion. In fact, this subject has not ended up as a discussion on other forums as well (ie: Aikido Journal & Aikiweb). A handful of IMMA people have their minds made up about "how things are", and perspectives from anyone else are simply twisted into something different, or disregarded as uneducated. Therefore, I find this thread serves no purpose in the format of a discussion forum. It is also clear to me that emotions will prevail over logic.

If there is anyone who has read the +525 posts in this thread, consisting mostly of the same informercial-like material being posted over and over, but still cannot get enough of it - please feel free to visit the following forums for lots more of the same:

Aikido Journal Forums (See the Daito-ryu forums in particular)

Aikiweb - Non-Aikido Martial Traditions Sub-Forum

Internal Aiki Forum

Enjoy. As for myself, yeah, I've completely lost my patience. Maybe I should have shut this down sooner, but there were (and still are) some who are desperate to keep it going. Obviously I'm not a fan of this subject, so as moderator I thought it only fair to let it continue for the benefit of those who were getting something out of it. But it's all come to a head, and I'm not going to entertain any more of it here.

Thanks,
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36