Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hakata Dolls

Likes (received)

Default Hakata Dolls

I have been trying to find Hakata Dolls of various martial art themes (i.e. Aikido, Jodo, Iaido etc) but have had very little luck. I've spoken to dometic importers who have tried their suppliers in Japan - still no luck.

Anyone out there in cyberland know of anyplace that would specialize in these types of dolls? A web address would be ideal.

Thanks
    Dan Botari

Likes (received)

Default hakata dolls

I have three judo figuriunes that i bought years ago.I have never seen any of the kind i have .must be out of style.the ones i see now are shoddy .

Likes (received)

I bought a Hakata shinobi statue (about 12", beautiful paint with laquered base) at an import store called Mandarin Gems in San Antonio. I don't know their email but the main phone number is 210-344-5678. They also carried a very nice Kendo fencer, a Sumo wrestler and a Karateka, as well as the Shiwan "Mudman" Chinese figurines. The lady that runs the shop is very nice and professional.
    Kevin Geaslin
    Genbukan Ninpo & Kokusai Jujutsu

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by dbotari View Post
    I have been trying to find Hakata Dolls of various martial art themes (i.e. Aikido, Jodo, Iaido etc) but have had very little luck. I've spoken to dometic importers who have tried their suppliers in Japan - still no luck.

Anyone out there in cyberland know of anyplace that would specialize in these types of dolls? A web address would be ideal.

Thanks
    You never asked me Dan, I'll see if I can dig up a source for you, email me and tell me what you want.

Kim Taylor

Likes (received)

Likes (received)

Kevin,

Thanks for the info, I'll check in and see what they have.

Kim,

I sent you an email. I don't know why I didin't ask you first - I can be a little dim sometimes.

Neil,

Thanks for the links. I have a few of those dolls already. I'm looking for Gendai (Iaido, Jodo, Aikido etc ) figures.
    Dan Botari

Likes (received)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dbotari View Post

Thanks
    the only hakata dollsof this style I found was on okinawa.ihave three judo dolls. i have gone on line to ebay,and everyplce i could find to no avail.i guess they are like hens teeth(not many around)