Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: who is this guy

Likes (received)

Default who is this guy

and what books and videos did he learn from, good thing he drops the name bujinkan from his stuff before he gets in trouble http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx-uKOIFjHM
    Dean Eichler der Zweite
    Bujinkan Keiko Dojo
    Owner www.korisuya.com Ninjutsu tools

Likes (received)

Some of his moves do look like poorly executed booj stuff. He calls it Bushindojo. I guess that's good enough to avoid copyright infringement.
    John Bouthner

"Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man..."Genesis 9:6

Likes (received)

yea brilliant move by him bujin (武神) versus bushin (武神) maybe he's actually Guy from final fight or street fighter alpha he used bushin ninjutsu
    Dean Eichler der Zweite
    Bujinkan Keiko Dojo
    Owner www.korisuya.com Ninjutsu tools

Likes (received)

If you click on his username "octocorp" and look at his youtube subscriptions, they're all those Choson Ninja DTG Karate Hapkido video learners and....."teachers"*shakes head*
    Gambatte...

Carl Bateman

Likes (received)

Finally I am able to reply! The activation process takes forever! Anyway, I sent Baio a response if the rest of your are interested, PM or reply to this thead (if it's still alive). Or maybe he'll repost it I don't know. Whatever.

A few things:

1. We don't call our moves or techniques "Bushin Dojo" or "bushindojo" that's actually the name of our school if you wish to call it that. As you can tell from our poorly executed moves, it's obviously heavily influenced from what is taught by the Bujinkan. Duh, we trained there.

2. Aside from subscriptions from Chosonninja, Takeninj, and what have you, I have subscriptions of others, I really doubt that what I enjoy watching on youtube is a good indication of my training history. Please don't mistake me for someone that read a few books and became a self proclaimed master because I have very loose ties with others that may have. It's the internet people.

3. Guy from street fighter huh? Thanks. I thought that guy was cool. Seemed like a jerk for no reason.

Again, any questions or concerns, just ask. Its more than what you'll get from speculation.

Steven Damon
    Last edited by Octocorp; 14th February 2008 at 20:10. Reason: Forgot to add my name

Likes (received)

I believe if you are not part of any X-kan organizations, not a shidoshi or higher, or authorized by a shidoshi or higher then you are not allowed to teach bujinkan methods.
    S. Hakuko

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Octocorp View Post
    1. We don't call our moves or techniques "Bushin Dojo" or "bushindojo" that's actually the name of our school if you wish to call it that. As you can tell from our poorly executed moves, it's obviously heavily influenced from what is taught by the Bujinkan. Duh, we trained there.
    as in the past tense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiisama View Post
    I believe if you are not part of any X-kan organizations, not a shidoshi or higher, or authorized by a shidoshi or higher then you are not allowed to teach bujinkan methods.
    i don't really know...

there are many others that teach takamatsuden-'esque' techniques that aren't part of the x-kans. however, they have/are known to split/ call their style in another name.

mr.octocorp, are you and your group part of any of the x-kans? if yes, which one and who is your primary instructor. if not, what do you call your art? (ALL THESE QUESTIONS ARE FOR CLARIFICATION PURPOSES ONLY)
    Griff Lockfield

"To bear what you think you cannot bear is truly to bear"
    - BUSHIDO by Inazo Nitobe

Likes (received)

Steven,

It seems that a short while ago I saw you on Youtube wearing a green belt. Now I see that you are wearing a black belt. I'm curious to know.....who graded you and in what system?
    Greg Caplinger
    Gekka Dojo
    GWBNF/KJJR

"Shin-gi-tai-ichi"

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baio View Post
    and what books and videos did he learn from, good thing he drops the name bujinkan from his stuff before he gets in trouble http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx-uKOIFjHM
    Where do I start...?

First off, the Ichimonji is wrong. Wrong movement, wrong feel. Knees are wrong also. And why is the Uke chambering his Shuto? That is very poor technique. Very, very poor.

Also Ichimonji is not the first technique in the system, it is the second. Wherever you learned that from was not 100% correct.

Also do not bend your back. It makes very bad posture.

But everything else, like the camera work... Top rate.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by william northcote View Post
    Also Ichimonji is not the first technique in the system, it is the second. Wherever you learned that from was not 100% correct.
    Will,

Can you explain what you mean here?
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

Ichimonji has 2 forms mainly Ichi ( - ) and Ju ( + ). Ichimonji when done passes through Jumonji to Shuto. Jumonji is the first and Ichimonji second, but it is laid out as Ichimonji first and Jumonji followed the rest of the Kihon.

Same with Sansin, it is not really about the order with Chi no kata first (although it is started from Chi no kata). The way it is wrote down is not the start and end. You could do Ku no kata first and work backwards. Just that it is written down in order, does not mean that it has to be done in that order when training by yourself.

There is not real order by saying this is the first. It can be first or it can be second if you practice the transition within the technique.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by william northcote View Post
    Ichimonji has 2 forms mainly Ichi ( - ) and Ju ( + ). Ichimonji when done passes through Jumonji to Shuto. Jumonji is the first and Ichimonji second, but it is laid out as Ichimonji first and Jumonji followed the rest of the Kihon.
    Now you made it more confusing. I have no clue what you are referring to. Is this referring to Gyokko-ryu kihon gata; three of the daken - Ichimonji no kamae, hicho no kamae, and jumonji no kamae (first three of the kihon happo)?
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by George Kohler View Post
    Now you made it more confusing. I have no clue what you are referring to. Is this referring to Gyokko-ryu kihon gata; three of the daken - Ichimonji no kamae, hicho no kamae, and jumonji no kamae (first three of the kihon happo)?
    Yes I am.

Likes (received)

Don't worry Octocorp, some users of this forum tend to privilege only their own perception of the truth. Do your thing, and you will progress... in your thing. They will do theirs, and they will progress in theirs. Blessed be everyone here, for they actually all progress in whatever they are doing.
    Ven. Francois Lepine
    www.kujiin.com

Likes (received)

And teach wrong ways through the internet?

Maybe I should do that. Could work wonders by teaching the wrong way and making money from it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast