Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what did he do?

Likes (received)

Thumbs up what did he do?

HEllo,
    If you follow the link and watch the video, this man(ref) does some type of stun/knock out when he touches the persons neck at the 12 second mark. Is this sometype of bracial plexus stun? Seems the man is stunned/knocked out and there is no doubt in my mind it was legit. The ref goes on to give him an old school stomping, rather brutally I might add. I dont think I have ever seen such an effective "nerve pinch". Can anyone explain this?

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/12...rutal_Beatdown

Matt Wolfson

Likes (received)

Guy didn't look "stunned" to me at all---looked like he was bascially caught off guard and pushed down-he seemed to me to be fully aware when then the kicking started.....surprised, but aware.

Could be wrong of course.
    Chris Thomas

"While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

"Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by cxt View Post
    Guy didn't look "stunned" to me at all---looked like he was bascially caught off guard and pushed down-he seemed to me to be fully aware when then the kicking started.....surprised, but aware.

Could be wrong of course.
    He looked out/stunned to me. he seemed to be pretty much limp when he hit the floor.
    matt wolfson

Likes (received)

It was also discussed on this thread:

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthre...=brachial+stun

Osu
    Trevor
    Trevor Gilbert
    ("If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. Determination. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down seventy times and get up off the floor saying "Here goes number seventy-one" - Richard M. DeVos)

Likes (received)

I can't tell whether he was stunned or merely surprised when he dropped after the first blow - but he was definitely knocked out cold by the kick to the face.

The video is disgusting - the "ref" deserves to be in jail. Anyone know the backstory?

Oh and by the way that website is NOT SAFE FOR WORK!! (just a warning)
    Cheers,

Mike
    No-Kan-Do

Likes (received)

Matt

Still does not look "stunned" to me---unless you mean "stunned" that the guy grabbed him and threw him down like that.
    Chris Thomas

"While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

Likes (received)

Mike

Gowing by memory--since I'm not opening it up at work.

But it looked to me like the ref called "break" or something like it--the guy in white dropped his hands and turned around--like he was going to his corner when the guy in black attacked him from behind........which is when he got bashed.

I could not make out the words--if there was any sound with it.

Don't know...hope somebody has the backstory.
    Chris Thomas

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by cxt View Post
    Matt

Still does not look "stunned" to me---unless you mean "stunned" that the guy grabbed him and threw him down like that.
    Having watched it again. it sure does look like the ref head butted him when he grabbed him by the throat. Whether he was out from the head butt is debatable, If we where to take a vote on it I would say, the way he feel sure looked like he was out to me. could be wrong. I missed the headbutt the first time which is a testiment to my observation abilities..... It looked like the guy in white through a lead hand punch at blue after break was called and then walked away. It appears the ref did not see this but only saw the guy in blues retaliation where he was attacking white while he was walking away. Each time I watch it, it looks more and more like a criminal act and hope the ref was dealth with by the law.

Likes (received)

Sorry, my mistake it wasnt the same technique.

Anyway, just disgusting in my view.

Osu
    Trevor
    Trevor Gilbert
    ("If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. Determination. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down seventy times and get up off the floor saying "Here goes number seventy-one" - Richard M. DeVos)

Likes (received)

Watched it several times with a magnifier.
    I agree with most here - there was no special touch or pinch.
    The kid went down due to the suprise and timeing of the ref's pulling him backward as he was beginning to move back on his own.
    I believe he fell mostly due to his trying to abide by the ref giving a signal to back off, then the ref went ahead and pulled him off balance.
    That was already over doing the call to go to his corner. Kicking him then stomping, should put that man in jail.

How do these guys get into the position of teaching or grading competitions ?

Freeking amazing !

Richard Mineo
    For every thesis there is an antithesis

Likes (received)

the ref clearly grabbed, then butted the guy from the side, thats what put him down.
    Rgds,

Jim Neeter
    Shorin Ryu Seito Matsumura Karate and Kobudo UK
    www.shoshinkanuk.org

Likes (received)

Yup, it goes so fast but that's clearly it - a headbut.

Osu
    Trevor
    Trevor Gilbert

Likes (received)

It seems this occurred quite some years ago and the ref was a goju teacher called Isao Nakumura. It is discussed in 2004 on a thread on karatethejapaneseway. A link suggests that the guy in the white gi was his younger brother and which offers some weird explanation as to why he stepped in the way he did.

Here is the full fight:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJdg6...eature=related

Osu
    Trevor
    Last edited by trevorg; 13th March 2008 at 16:18.
    Trevor Gilbert

Likes (received)

Seeing it with an even larger picture shows the head but all right.
    Still though.
    Tempers do get carried away when sparring like that. First the guy in white threw a cheep shot after the call, then the guy in blue threw another cheeper shot after that. Neigher one of those attempts made contact so there should have been points deducted, but there is still absolutely no reason for the ref to do what he did.
    I still can't figure out why no one seemed to react toward the ref.

Any way - guess we all know now that there was no magic touch or grip involved in the poor kids KO.

Richard Mineo
    For every thesis there is an antithesis

Likes (received)

Deleted; Sorry.
    Last edited by TonyU; 13th March 2008 at 19:44. Reason: Changed my mind.
    Tony Urena

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast