Likes Likes:  0

Thread: shinto munen ryu

Likes (received)

Default shinto munen ryu

can anyone give me info on shinto munen ryu thank you very much,i cant seem to find much on shinto munen ryu,lots on shindo.
    yours in budo
    noel mc hugh
    www.eastcoastjujutsu.com

Likes (received)

Default Shindo Munen Ryu Kenjutsu

Sending you a private message. Please check your mail

regards
    Jeffrey Karinja

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    i cant seem to find much on shinto munen ryu,lots on shindo.
    Actually, I think that Shinto Munen Ryu and Shindo Munen Ryu are the same thing; the word can be pronounced either way. It's the same with Shinto/Shindo Muso Ryu. So if you've found lots of information on Shindo Munen Ryu, it should be what you are looking for.

Unless I'm mistaken, the kanji for this school are:
    神道無念流

If you aren't satisfied with the sources you've found so far, plug those kanji into google and see what you get.
    David Sims

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - Terry Pratchet

My opinion is, in all likelihood, worth exactly what you are paying for it.

Likes (received)

Default Shinto vs. Shinto (神道)

Quote Originally Posted by DDATFUS View Post
    Actually, I think that Shinto Munen Ryu and Shindo Munen Ryu are the same thing; the word can be pronounced either way. It's the same with Shinto/Shindo Muso Ryu. So if you've found lots of information on Shindo Munen Ryu, it should be what you are looking for.

Unless I'm mistaken, the kanji for this school are:
    神道無念流

If you aren't satisfied with the sources you've found so far, plug those kanji into google and see what you get.
    In general Shinto and Shindo can be used interchangably, expecially for Shinto/Shindo Muso Ryu Jojutsu. When I asked Ogawa sensei as to if I can be used in this manner he responded "Shindo Munen Ryu". The reason for this is that Fukui Hyoemon Yoshihira recieved enlightenment at the Itsuna Gongen Shirine by the God of Thunder. Fukui did not however, inpart many religious practices to his students, rather he taught Neo-Confucian principles and Shinto philosophy. Both of these are combined to teach students how to properly conduct themselves throughout life regardless of social position or situation. This is the reason why "Shindo" is used instead of "Shinto" (Or so I was told).

Hope this helps
    Jeffrey Karinja