Likes Likes:  0

Thread: workouts for iPod

Likes (received)

Default workouts for iPod

Hey everyone,

I attended cardio kickboxing classes as I was preparing for my black belt several years ago. I felt a little funny walking in the first time with a bunch of women, but felt even funnier as they stepped over my collapsed body as they walked out the door afterward.....they are great cardio workouts.

I've been trying to find a good boxing (kickboxing) cardio program that I can download to my iPod. I'd like to say that I'm disciplined enough to just download my own music and "go at it"....but I'm realistic enough to know I need someone in my ear pushing me along.

Nike Fitness has a bunch of workouts like this on iTunes....but they are all running-based...which my old knees can't really handle.

I found one at iTrain and it's nice, but it's geared to teenagers and had way too much "instruction" (as in the "here's the proper way to throw a hook punch") and not enough "motivation" (as in "come on, we're going to throw a jab, cross, hook, kick.....1....2....3"). Hope that makes sense.

The second thing I don't like about the iTrain workout....it's only 20 minutes and I'd like to have one that is longer and tougher.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim Mahanes

Likes (received)

Did you have any luck finding anything like what you were looking for? I had never really considered using my iPod to play a motivational training program, but it sounds like something that might really help me. I'd be interested in anything you've found.

Thanks,
    Nathan