Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you keep in the Vehicle

Likes (received)

Default What do you keep in the Vehicle

Just curious as to what weapon if any you Keep in your Car, Truck, SUV, etc...

I currently keep a 45. but will be taking it out shortly inlue of either nunchuku or escrimi sticks.
    Any thoughts???

Take Care.

Shane

Likes (received)

Default I'll admit to...

I'll admit to a small lock blade knife with a belt clip on the side. It's clipped to the under side of the dash board near my right knee. You never know when you need to peel an apple. That's all it ever gets used for. And it's all that it ever will be used for.
    Greg Dow

Self Proclained Grand Master for Life - S.P.C.A.A.A.
    Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Adolescents Addicited to Anime

Likes (received)

A flashlight, emergency roadside kit and I'm currently in the process of outfitting each car with a pair of cuffs.
    Any weapons are on my person at all times. I doesn't do any good to have a weapon in the car when you're not in it and you need it.
    Also, if you do, make sure you know your local laws of what you can or can't have.
    Tony Urena

Likes (received)

I have a pretty good first aid kit that I keep in the car, along with an emergency blanket, a flashlight, and the usual roadside tools. I rarely need to use any of it, but I'd rather have it than not. There's a swiss army knife in the glove compartment, but it's there for utility functions rather than fighting.

Oh, and just as a reminder, Shane, e-budo rules require you to sign your full name on every post.
    David Sims

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - Terry Pratchet

My opinion is, in all likelihood, worth exactly what you are paying for it.

Likes (received)

Shane,

In some states, since you don't say what state you are in, nunchaku are a felony unless you can prove you are in transport to or from a martial arts school.

That being said, a baseball bat and glove are legal in all states. As are a shovel, a cane, and a hiking/walking stick. Keep those in the car if you insist on having something.

And please go and configure your signature in the user control panel to show your full name. As you have been told several times, it's a rule on e-budo. Easier than having us moderators nag at you about it everytime you post.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Yamamoto View Post
    Shane,

And please go and configure your signature in the user control panel to show your full name. As you have been told several times, it's a rule on e-budo. Easier than having us moderators nag at you about it everytime you post.
    Umm I haven't been told several times, In fact this is the first time someone has metioned this. I don't mind going to the control panel and entering the information. but I don't like the fact that your stating I was told several time's when I was not.

with that being said, I was just curious as to what if anything people carried in there car as like was implied I'm not to comfertable caring the 45. anymore. I guess it's just a change of habit.

Take Care.

Shane

Likes (received)

Smile

I don't carry any weapons in the car for legal reasons. I do carry a fire extinguisher, first aid kit and disposable camera. (And also, because they're compulsory in France, a warning triangle, spare bulbs and hi-viz vest. Oh and some basic tools.)

On the subject of why you might need weapons (or not), I feel duty bound to share the following thread from another forum: http://www.efnsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3022.0 - just for all you guys who think sport BJJ has no practical self defence applications.
    Cheers,

Mike
    No-Kan-Do

Likes (received)

That's pretty cool, Ah I was just thinking about keeping something in my car, the funny thing is the more and more I keep thinking about it, and lets be honest, unless You have time to actually get what ever it is you got, it's pretty much pointless. The main thing is if I did have something in the car it would be for my fiance, but then again she's asking me to work out with her to help her, so to that end she wouldn't really need it either I suppose. I just don't know and can't think strate right now.

Thanks to all that responded.

oh and Neil, I mite have read what you ment wrong, there is and was no disrespect intended in the responce i gave, in case it comes across wrong.

Take Care.

Shane R. Bastress

P.S. is there a way I can change my username???
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Bastress, Shane R.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi View Post
    Umm I haven't been told several times, In fact this is the first time someone has metioned this. ...
    Actually, you have been told several times, in various ways.

The first time was when you joined E-Budo, and you agreed to the name rule as part of the sign-up process.

It's also posted in the rules at the head of the forums.

Then, on 3-9-06, someone mentioned it to you directly, and you replied:
    ...my apologizies guys i miss read the rule, after reading one of the post's i understand the full name i was worried about the internet, etc... again i apologize

sincerely

Shane Bastress
    Lastly, of course, the two mentions above.

So four times, at least.

Not that anyone's counting.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

...P.S. is there a way I can change my username???
    Yes. Send a PM to an administrator, stating your reason(s) and what new name you want.

There's no guarantee, but it has been done in the past.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Owens View Post
    Actually, you have been told several times, in various ways.

The first time was when you joined E-Budo, and you agreed to the name rule as part of the sign-up process.

It's also posted in the rules at the head of the forums.

Then, on 3-9-06, someone mentioned it to you directly, and you replied:

Lastly, of course, the two mentions above.

So four times, at least.

Not that anyone's counting.

I'm not going to argue with you especially on the internet but do you realize your bringing up 3/9/06, I haven't been on the boards since 2006, infact I just posted again for the first time this month. so to bring up 2006 is kinda petty (IMHO). Also there has not been two metions on this post only one. unless your counting your reply. that dose not contitute several. But hey to each there own.

I guess this is getting off topic. Since this is the way it's going, How about just Closing this entire thread or Deleting it.

Take Care.
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Bastress, Shane R.

Likes (received)

Also there has not been two metions on this post only one. unless your counting your reply. that dose not contitute several. But hey to each there own.
    DDATFUS (Yesterday 12:05 PM) - "Oh, and just as a reminder, Shane, e-budo rules require you to sign your full name on every post."

Neil Yamamoto (Yesterday 12:31 PM) - "And please go and configure your signature in the user control panel to show your full name. As you have been told several times, it's a rule on e-budo. Easier than having us moderators nag at you about it everytime you post."
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

Wow talk about coming out in Drones. LOL

I didn't even read the last part of DDATFUS thread were that was mentioned. All in all it's still not contituting several.

Ok, again this is getting off topic and seems to be the way that is wanted. So, how's about we lock the thread or delete it shall we.

Take Care.
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Bastress, Shane R.

Likes (received)

As far as firearms in the vehicle, a 25-06, a .22 long rifle or 22-250, and a 40 year old .22 mag/lr pistol. None of it is for self-defense. If I am lucky I don't put a round through any of these in a week, or a month. Don't ask me what's left in the closet. More tools.

Sometimes when the magpies bother me there is a 20 gauge or a .410. It is best to have the right tool for the right job.
    Last edited by nicojo; 15th May 2008 at 23:27.
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Likes (received)

Other things in the vehicle. Ah yes, a shovel, a chain, a leatherman, a clip knife, fencing pliers, some pipe-wrenches, a hammer. But I see these as tools, not weapons, as well.

As far as my personal vehicle, there is a shovel in it and maybe a little wrench and tire-pressure gauge thingie?
    Last edited by nicojo; 15th May 2008 at 23:28.
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast