I have been teaching martial arts in my community for 10 years, and believe it to be my responsiblity to make sure that I,

1. Use good judgment when accepting students

2. Teach them the strategy and techniques in a context appropriate for their enviorment, taking into consideration certain laws that govern the county/state/country and teaching them to apply them in a way that will be effective, but not put them on the wrong side of the law.

3. Make them aware of the Morale reprecussions of useing destructive techniques, and to make sure that I do not prematurely empower my students with abilities to severly damage another person so as not to harm the community.

4. I feel it is also my responsability to not use my class as a Labratory to experiment w/ techniques and strategies on my students. That is stuff that should be done before I began teaching. The students deserve concrete methods based off of my time training with trial and error.

5. It is also my responsability along with my instructors to make sure that I actually can transmit the knowledge responsibly and properly. I believe to many teach just because the can repeat and explain the kata. Well, just about anybody can do that. I am of the opinion that you actually need to be good at what you do (Technically) as well as have an ability to effectivly transmit the teachings in a way that is responsible to your community and the students.

I am curios as to what others think of the responsibilities a teacher has to his community. I ask, because I have someone who just came into my community teaching in a highly irresponible way

Thank you