Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Letter of Apology (Tommaso Leonetti & Giacomo Merello)

Likes (received)

Default Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu: finally, the truth.

Dear posters and everyone,

I received formal authorization from Kondo Sensei to publish the video that contains, finally, after 18 years, the truth about Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu succession.

It's the video of the 36th Daito-ryu Taikai in Abashiri, and it's the last public appearance of Takeda Tokimune Soke before his death.

Since I had to cut the video down to the only interesting parts due to space/time limitations of Youtube, I'm summarizing the content here.

The video begins with Takeda Tokimune being taken to the venue, where he shows three techniques using Kondo Sensei as the only uke, then he is taken back to the hospital, and only the family, his daughter Oshima-san and his nephew Hitoshi-san remain. Kondo Sensei is the only teacher sitting with them throughout the entire event.

All the other important members of the association are present, some of which are: Sano, Kato, Arisawa, Ishibashi Sensei, Nakagawa Ise-san, Gin-san, and almost ALL the other teachers and students of Daito-ryu of the time.

The demonstration then begins from the lowest-level, lowest-importance dojo to the highest, as it is traditional. The one before the last is Abashiri dojo, with Kato and Arisawa Sensei. During their exit, the speaker announces the last demonstration, and he says, in Japanese "now it's Kondo, Soke Dairi. Kondo Sensei is the ONLY Daito-ryu Menkyo Kaiden. Please all assume seiza position during Soke Dairi's demonstration". This is said clearly and matter-of-factly by the speaker, in front of EVERYONE.

At this point Kondo Sensei goes on the tatami, has his hakama taken off to better show his footwork, and then explains to all these teachers and students the proper, correct true way of doing Ippondori, Gyakuudedori and Shihounage, the same three techniques the Soke demonstrated in the beginning.

Then he takes the microphone, and introduces Takeda Soke's nephew, Hitoshi as the next Soke, that will study under his guidance.

We all know that later both this nephew and another one declined this task, refusing to learn the art by saying that they already read the mokurokus so they had no need to go on.

This piece of video is of enormous significance and I think it really puts the word "end" to all the disputes about the succession of mainline Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu.

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts1IXW8Zgro

With my best regards,

Giacomo Merello
    Giacomo Merello

Likes (received)

Of course, this video is the evidence that Mr. Tommaso Leonetti exposed me to and gave me, and that was given to him by a gentle old Japanese lady.

Giacomo
    Giacomo Merello

Likes (received)

Thank you for the post.

-Ryokushin
    Please visit my website: www.47Ronins.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2