Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ed Green/budoweapons.com

Likes (received)

Default Ed Green/budoweapons.com

Does anyone have any means of communication with this man? I have been trying to get an order filled for 2 YEARS now, with no reply from him via PM or e-mail for the past 18 months. I understand that doing this publicly is a distasteful way of going about it, but I seem to be at the end of my resources in resolving this politely. My next stop will sadly be small claims court, and I would really like to avoid that if possible. Please PM me if you have any useful information. Thank you.
    Ryan J Pearson

"why don't you go spam on the koryu boards, they have a great sense of humor..."

Likes (received)

That's very bizarre. Ed Green used to be one of the go-to guys for ninpo related weapons. Leaves me wondering if he's died or something happened to him? He didn't seem like the scammer type when I talked to him.
    Cory Burke
    ゴゴゴ!

Likes (received)

Ed is having a difficult time, personally, but he is trying to catch up. You guys don't realize how much he was inundated with orders when he first came online.

He is always on Yahoo Messenger. Try there before you start making threats.
    Jason Chambers
    Owner,
    Tatsujin Photography & Design

Likes (received)

orders and tons of other crap
    Dean Eichler der Zweite
    Bujinkan Keiko Dojo
    Owner www.korisuya.com Ninjutsu tools

Likes (received)

I understand how frustrating it is to try to do business with Budoweapons, but if you knew half of what Mr. Green has been through you would probably be much more sympathetic. Due to the custom nature of Ed's work, as well as being a one-man operation who is very good at what he does, it's very difficult for him to keep up with things right now. Practice patience and think on the essense of nin.
    Brett Guillory
    5th kyu GWNBF
    9th kyu KJJR

Brett's as green as they come." - J. Chambers

Likes (received)

Hi

if he cant complete orders then maybe he should make refunds until he is up to date that may be the best thing for him to do
    Paul Richardson - Shidoshi
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

Likes (received)

Mr Green has chosen to ignore both PM's and e-mails from me over the TWO YEARS, and I have yet to see him come online on yahoo messenger. So the idea of "just be patient" is ludicrous. All he would have to do is contact me through any means and resolve the situation. But for all intents and purposes he has demonstrated zero intention of providing the products that were bought and paid for, and that constitutes Mr Green as a thief.

From my understanding I am just one of many in similar circumstances with Mr Green, and if he doesn't intend to provide the items purchased or produce a refund then I am obligated to act accordingly.
    Ryan J Pearson

"why don't you go spam on the koryu boards, they have a great sense of humor..."

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by oneroundleft View Post

From my understanding I am just one of many in similar circumstances with Mr Green, and if he doesn't intend to provide the items purchased or produce a refund then I am obligated to act accordingly.
    HI

this thread reminded me of another that was discussed some time ago

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthre...ht=budoweapons
    Paul Richardson - Shidoshi
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

Likes (received)

Maybe he needs to raise his prices?

Terry D. Miller, MBA
    Terry Miller

Likes (received)

And I thought I was being patient waiting 2 or 3 months past when my order was due. Make it easy on both of you -- if you paid through paypal, contact paypal for a refund. Otherwise, hike up your pants and tell him to get his life in order, and stop accepting excuses.

He gave me every excuse in the book: Relationship issues, court dates, shipping problems... When my order finally arrived, the quality was low and pieces were missing. At that point, I'd had enough, chalked it up to experience, and walked away. I will point out that before I ever ordered, I checked with him to get an approximate date of shipment, and stayed on top of him. When he said he was running a bit behind, I gave him an extra week, which he turned into 2 months. Lousy business sense.

Keep business and personal issues separate. Would you accept a hamburger two hours late at McDonald's because the guy in the back was upset because his wife left him? Probably would be more like, "That sucks. Can I get my hamburger now?" It's not personal. It's just business.
    Sean Slavik

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by oneroundleft View Post
    Mr Green has chosen to ignore both PM's and e-mails from me over the TWO YEARS, and I have yet to see him come online on yahoo messenger. So the idea of "just be patient" is ludicrous. All he would have to do is contact me through any means and resolve the situation. But for all intents and purposes he has demonstrated zero intention of providing the products that were bought and paid for, and that constitutes Mr Green as a thief.

Every businessman has an ethical as well as legal obligation to deliver products that are advertised, in a timely manner, and the product needs to be a facsimile of what was advertised. If the product is faulty or broken in any way there is an obligation to replace or return the money in a timely manner. If a person cannot keep up with his business obligations because of personal issues, it may be time to step back and regroup or get out of the business (maybe temporarily) if you can't keep up with filling the orders. Your personal life does not absolve you from your business obligations. Send a letter of intent to recover damages, if he does not comply file a small claims law suit to recover your damages or file criminal charges for theft if you are so inclined. You were more than patient with this man.
    There is a time for patience and a time for action. We should not be a doormat to someone elses irresponsible actions as this only enables their behavior to damage us and those after us. Good luck to you.
    Rick Torres, Dojo Cho
    Integrity Defensive Arts
    Victoria, Texas
    www.ksrjujitsu.com
    [/B]

Likes (received)

I agree, after reading back through some of his older threads, it looks like he's got some kind of ongoing personal situation that he can't / doesn't want to / won't get out of.

He should close his shop or stop accepting orders until he's ready to do proper business.

Paypal may disable his account if he does not start doing proper business. I recommend everyone contact paypal and let them know what's going on.

Ed if you are reading this you need to stop living off the money people are giving you here for work you're not able to finish quickly enough. Get your act together or shut your business down and give these people the products they ordered.
    Cory Burke
    ゴゴゴ!

Likes (received)

I classmate of mine was telling me that he placed an order with this guy and
    he never sent his stuff. It started out promising as there were several
    emails back and forth regarding timeline and how it would take a couple
    months to fulfill the order. He seemed like a really good guy. A couple
    months later he stopped responding to emails. After about 5 unanswered
    emails, he had a friend send the guy an email asking about weapons and he
    responded to him immediately. I checked around on the net and he is not
    the only one he's screwed. Paypal will not allow you to dispute a
    transaction older than 45 days and I bet this is why he gives you a two
    month timeframe.
    Robert Grecia
    Last edited by stauburn; 28th August 2008 at 13:50. Reason: forgot to sign post

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by stauburn View Post
    I classmate of mine was telling me that he placed an order with this guy and
    he never sent his stuff. It started out promising as there were several
    emails back and forth regarding timeline and how it would take a couple
    months to fulfill the order. He seemed like a really good guy. A couple
    months later he stopped responding to emails. After about 5 unanswered
    emails, he had a friend send the guy an email asking about weapons and he
    responded to him immediately. I checked around on the net and he is not
    the only one he's screwed. Paypal will not allow you to dispute a
    transaction older than 45 days and I bet this is why he gives you a two
    month timeframe.
    Robert Grecia
    I have had the same problem. He responded immediately at first and now he will not return emails period. I have been waiting for two months now. When he was responding to emails he was giving the same excuses, especially about shipping. Would the BBB or the state attorney general be a good place to start? It is not a lot of money and I fear i will spend more money trying to get what little he has of mine.

matt wolfson

Likes (received)

Unfortunately Ed's problems seem to be unsurmountable now. It seems like this has been going on for years. You can admire his doggedness for still existing as a business, but I have heard of more than one case of accepting new orders whilst remaining incommunicado to existing customers awaiting goods which is naughty if it is true.

I would love him to sort things out, but I will not be parting with any money until I hear that it is running as smoothly as other businesses out there.
    Adam C R Hurley -
    I know nothing - Manuel, Fawlty Towers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast