Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bujinkan in PRC?

Likes (received)

Default Bujinkan in PRC?

I'm just starting to do some preliminary research into this but, I could use some help. I am considering moving back to China and am hoping there is a legit Bujinkan Dojo somewhere. I can only write Kanji (hànzì) seeing as how I am a Chinese language student so, I can't really write Honbu Dojo directly...or at least not that well. Any experience or help?

Thanks in advance,
    侯进德 AKA 铁头
    ~Patrick~

Likes (received)

The last time I heard, the Chinese government was pretty strict about not allowing non-Chinese martial arts into China.

But I could very well be wrong...

Best of luck!
    Regards,

Jeffrey Luz-Alterman

Likes (received)

Still sore about that whole Nan King thing? Ok bad joke, but seriously, I would have thought if they were permitting Taekwondo and Judo at the Olympic Games in Beijing that they were okay with external sources of martial arts.
    Chris S. Aitken
    Somewhere in the Bujinkan

Likes (received)

The last few times I was there I saw more and more traditional Christian churches pop up... at least in the major cities. I'd assume the gov is easing up on religion. Although certain Martial Arts aren't necessarily religious based, I think Shinto and Ninjutsu are historically linked. Perhaps that's why I have never found a Bujinkan school there.

Likes (received)

If they let Konigun open a school (if thats what you call it) there, im sure there must be someone teaching Bujinkan Ninpo Budo Taijutsu.
    Robert S. Staples

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." -- Albert Einstein