Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New member introduction

benGS Guest

Default New member introduction

Hello,
    I was unsure where to post this or if it was required as a new member, but I thought I would as an introduction anyway, feel free to move or delete as necessary.

My name is Ben, I am from Sydney, Australia.

I wouldn't really have a consistent martial arts background to this point.

I'm 23 years old, and for the last 4 years or so since I got a steady job I have had a great interest in committing to a martial art but haven't been able to, mostly due to schedule conflicts or financial problems.

The martial art I have had the most experience in is Wing Chun, which was for about 3 or 4 months once per week.

Having spent my time researching, acquiring books and internet articles, I've been able to sort out some priorities now and take my first steps towards finding a suitable art, and something I can commit to for long term. Rather than just looking for a generic taekwondo or another Wing Chun school, i'd rather find something which has a strong history and a philosophy which personally interests me, which I think is the path of Japanese martial arts.

This weekend I'll hopefully be attending a Jujutsu trial class, otherwise there were also some sword based arts which I was considering. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,
    Ben.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by benGS View Post
    Hello,
    I was unsure where to post this or if it was required as a new member, but I thought I would as an introduction anyway, feel free to move or delete as necessary.

My name is Ben, I am from Sydney, Australia.

I wouldn't really have a consistent martial arts background to this point.

I'm 23 years old, and for the last 4 years or so since I got a steady job I have had a great interest in committing to a martial art but haven't been able to, mostly due to schedule conflicts or financial problems.

The martial art I have had the most experience in is Wing Chun, which was for about 3 or 4 months once per week.

Having spent my time researching, acquiring books and internet articles, I've been able to sort out some priorities now and take my first steps towards finding a suitable art, and something I can commit to for long term. Rather than just looking for a generic taekwondo or another Wing Chun school, i'd rather find something which has a strong history and a philosophy which personally interests me, which I think is the path of Japanese martial arts.

This weekend I'll hopefully be attending a Jujutsu trial class, otherwise there were also some sword based arts which I was considering. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,
    Ben.
    Welcome aboard Ben. E-Budo requires recent new member to wine and dine all moderators to a restaurant of their choice. Because of our friendly and non-chalant nature, we are willing to pick you up at the airport for free including gas, but tips to the driver are mandatory. After meal , it is imperative that as a goodwill gesture and sincerity of joining the E-Budo community, it is required that you take us all out to the movies.

Personally, I think that these rules are rediculous, me..hmmm I'll settle for a phone number of australia's finest female species ( No aging Olivia newton John please ) ......

If none can done, well ..a friend hello will suffice ......

again welcome to E-Budo !
    Prince Loeffler
    Shugyokan Dojo

Likes (received)

Hm...since Im new around here I supose I should say hello to all as well. I dont wana open a new thread so I apologize Ben. If it should be moved please do so

My name is Dino, I live in Rijeka, Croatia, a small country in Europe. I recently found this forum, and found many interesting people here, and their experiences. Had a lot of fun reading.

I am 20 years old, and Ive been in martial arts ever since I was a kid. ( lol ok, tehnically I still am, compared to some old folks )

Anyway, Ive been training tae kwon do for a little bit over 6 years, and after that I started something that changed my life. Aikido. Ive been training it for 7 years now, and I hold a rank of 2nd kyu. It is a Shin Shin Toitsu aikido, but I dont like to make those differences such as styles, beacause tbh I have a dojo with a friend and we do all tehniques, so we cant call ourselves a single style.
    This is a small town, and a small country, there arent many dojos of diffrent kind of martial arts. I always had interest in samurai swords, and since I train Aikido, I found myself using some. I trained Kendo for 6 months, but the dojo closed due to some problems, and I found myself again doin nothing with these beautiful weapons. ( or tools if u wish )

I now bought a bokken with a saya, and I started to train Iaido by myself. I visit once a month a Kendo dojo in capital, where they train Iaido as well. Im about to buy Iaito blade to start working with it. There are no dojo's near me, but in near future I hope there will be.

Also, Im a student of Maritime university of Rijeka, 3rd year. Been on some travels around the world. Visited many restaurans, ate many kinds of food. Must say I like Singapour and Japanese the best.
    There, just a little hi to all that are on this forum. Hope we get to talk later on.

Dino
    Last edited by Dino Sosic; 27th August 2008 at 11:48. Reason: forgot to sign
    Dino Sosic
    Aikido dojo "Yasuragi"
    Rijeka, Croatia