Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mark Feigenbaum, E-Budo Moderator, has passed

Likes (received)

Default Mark Feigenbaum, E-Budo Moderator, has passed

FEIGENBAUM -- Mark Franklin Feigenbaum, age 56, of Albuquerque, died on Tuesday, April 29, 2008.

Mark was born in Stockton, California on August 17, 1951 to Lee and Sol Feigenbaum. He studied cornet and judo for many years. Among his various positions, he did set-moving for Universal Studios, taught English in Mexico, and was a pharmacy technician for several long term care facilities in the Los Angeles area. Mark loved animals, especially cats.

He was preceded in death by his parents. He is survived by his sister, Gail Feigenbaum and brother-in-law, Alan Porter, and a number of cousins, including Louise & Jeannie Hajdenberg (of NYC) Jane (Connecticut) and Eva Nottenberg (New Hampshire), Hetty, Miles, Jody, & Wendy Rieger (California), Tanya Ong (Boston), and Michele Penzcewski (Belgium).

Cremation has taken place, Arrangements in care of RIVERSIDE FUNERAL HOME OF ALBUQUERQUE 225 San Mateo Blvd. NE 764-9663 www.riversidefunerals.com. No services are planned. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation to the Animal Humane Association or any charity of your choice which does not use animals in experimentation.

Shalom, Mark. We hope that you rest easy, now.

http://obits.abqjournal.com/obits/show/185939
    I'm sure many of us remember MarkF as a valued contributor and moderator here. Although I only met him in person once, he was a good guy who did judo throughout his life. He was a part of E-Budo from it's very early days and often had something noteworthy to say about the martial arts and training.

"Old guys like me who have always trained and fought in single weave judogi, soft collar/lapel, that's how. When we're dead, you figure it out.
    Until then, I think I'll always wear an uwagi down to an inch below the elbow and shitagi just below the knee, pads low." Mark F

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showpost...92&postcount=3
    Doug Walker
    Completely cut off both heads,
    Let a single sword stand against the cold sky!

Likes (received)

Condolences to his family...

I never met Mark, but every post I read by him was a good one...He will be missed by me..

My regards.
    Ben Sharples.
    智は知恵、仁は思いやり、勇は勇気と説いています。

Likes (received)

Wow, many a great discussion with Mark. I will miss his commentary!

Condolences to his family, R.I.P. MarkF.

He was so young, 56, any word on the cause if his passing?

Jeff

Likes (received)

R.i.p.
    Tony Urena

Likes (received)

Wow,

RIP, Mark.

Condolences to his family. Mark will be missed here on E-Budo.

Here is his profile http://www.e-budo.com/forum/member.p...tposter&t=9621 (former moderator for Gendai Budo and Judo forums)
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

Likes (received)

Rest in Peace Mark and sincere condolences to his family and friends. Mark was one of the good guys.
    Robert M. Carver

Likes (received)

I was (and still am) always pleased to come across a MarkF post when I'm diving through the E-Budo archives, and I don't even do judo. And 56 is far too young. Requiscat in Pace, ご冥福をお祈りします。
    Josh Reyer

Swa sceal man don, žonne he ęt guše gengan ženceš longsumne lof, na ymb his lif cearaš. - The Beowulf Poet

Likes (received)

Mark was a good guy, funny, humble, who had a wealth of time and insight into judo. Both times I got to hang out with him was a pleasure. I am sorry to hear he has passed.

Aaron Fields

Likes (received)

Condolences to Mark's family and friends.

Mark was a very good contributor and moderator and will be missed.

PAG
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan

Likes (received)

What a shock this morning! Condolences to his family. Mark and I had many good conversations over the years... many of them about our friends and judo experiences in common over many years. Mark loved tadashi judo. Where ever Mark went, we've got friends in the dojo there. Rest in peace Mark.
    Chuck Clark
    Jiyushinkai Aikibudo
    http://www.jiyushinkai.org

Likes (received)

This is a sad news. I have enjoyed Feigenbaum sensei's contribution in E-Budo from time to time. His passing is a great loss for the world of Budo in general and E-Budo in particular. Condolences to his family, friends and students. I am sure his memory will lives on forever in the heart of loved ones.

(Note to Mr. Moderator: If I accidentally posted this message in the Judo thread as well, my apology, please delete the one at the Judo thread if you see fit. Thank you)
    Ben Haryo (This guy has low IQ and uses a dialect which vaguely resembles Bad English).

Likes (received)

Unhappy

What horrible news - I wasn't expecting to see this here today.

I never had the privelege of meeting or training with Mark, and yet I consider him a friend, and I greatly valued his opinions on life, as well as judo.

E-budo won't be the same without him. My deepest condolences to his family.
    Cheers,

Mike
    No-Kan-Do

Likes (received)

I found out yesterday, notified the mods here, and a couple people up here in the Pac NW I knew Mark had met. I thought I included Aaron on there, sorry Aaron, my mind isn't quite all here. Doug beat me to posting the notice as well.

Mark had told me last fall he had failing eyesight, and other health problems arising. He had put up a picture I sent him of Amy, my wife, my dog, and I and told me: "I can't see it clearly but I like knowing friends are smiling at me."

He had gotten back in touch with his sister and her husband and had reconciled many issues they had.

About a month before he died, he sent me an email with a ton of music, with the note that this music was important to his life and wanted to share it with me. It didn't make sense then why he would send that. He also sent another email to Amy with a similar tone about the same time. His last email to me was just before he passed away, with a note he was getting familiar with braile and working by touch.

Looking back, I think he knew his time was coming. He had taken some steps with family issues, and I think his last emails to me were his way of saying goodbye. I'm sad that none of us knew until now. But I think he purposely didn't want people to know, and his family wouldn't know to let any of his martial arts friends across the country know either.

It has been a bad week, Dave Harris, another of the Pacific Martial Arts world I knew and respected died on September 9, and then I found out about Mark too.

Well, I'm hoisting a beer and a shot of whisky for those two later. Martial arts has introduced me to a number of great people and Mark F and Dave Harris are and remain as being among the top people on my list.
    Last edited by Neil Yamamoto; 16th September 2008 at 17:38. Reason: spelling and grammer

Likes (received)

Neil,
    Your story reminds me how generous Mark could be even with distant acquaintances such as myself. I can sympathize with Mark not wanting to trouble others. Thanks for telling us a little of how Mark was doing toward the end.
    Doug Walker
    Completely cut off both heads,
    Let a single sword stand against the cold sky!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast