Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mark Feigenbaum, E-Budo Moderator, has passed

Likes (received)

Default My Condolences...

... and prayers for Mark's family and friends. I hadn't met him in person, but enjoyed his presence and participation in many discussions here.

Sincerely,

Brently Keen

Likes (received)

Ah, bad news. I always enjoyed Mark's posts even though I don't do judo and I thought he had a very kind, patient but no-nonesense manner when it came to what he knew--which was a lot. He seemed always interested to peek in on other budo as well.

Neil, terrible news about Dave Harris sensei as well. I went to his Greenlake dojo a number of times when I lived in Seattle, and one of his students was my first martial arts teacher. His method was phenomenal and I have very good memories of that time. This was the first I heard about it. If you go to his memorial, please bear a few good thoughts from me (even though you and I haven't met either.) Much appreciated and sorry for this loss as well.

Mark was an excellent mod. He seemed considerate of e-budo's goals and enjoyed I think the open-discussion, helped foster it here. Certainly one of the defining posters.

Kem Nicolaysen
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Likes (received)

A few pictures of Mark and others. All taken at the Old Seattle Jujutsu Club in Seattle's Rainier Valley.

Mark was doing a demo of something with Bluming, and I don't recall what. In any case, Bluming launched into a story and someone snagged this picture. This was 2001.

Joe Svinth and Mark F pose as proud members of the Chunen Butori Ryu in 2002.

This last one is of Bluming with Mark and Charles(forgot his last name) one of Joe Svinth's students. This was working on Bluming defense against a jab. This was in 2001.

Likes (received)

Neil,

Thank you for the pictures.
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

Rest In Peace, Mr. Feigenbaum.
    Hieroteo Villarosa V

Likes (received)

Default Farewell

To read that bad news makes me sad. I only knew Mark from this site, and several PM and E-mail exchanges. To me, he was a really enrichment to e-budo, and I'm very sure that wasn't the only thing that made him precious.

My condolences to Mark's family and all who knew and admired him.

Likes (received)

Rest in peace...

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.
    Robert Cronin

Likes (received)

Mark will be missed.
    Chris Thomas

"While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

"Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.

Likes (received)

Unhappy Sad news

As others have said, I was not able to meet mark personally, only here and some PM's. When I was diagnosed with MS he helped me with words of encouragement and some laymen's explanation of the different meds I was/would be going through. We shared a Judo background and had discussions that way also.

He will be missed By those that knew him on E-Budo as well as in life.

RIP Mark.
    With respect,

Mitch Saret

Likes (received)

Default Rest in Peace

I would also like to add my condolences.

Thank you Mark.
    Pete Boyes.
    "Whoa, careful now. These are dangerous streets for us upper-lower-middle-class types. So avoid eye contact, watch your pocketbook, and suspect everyone." - Homer Simpson.

Likes (received)

I'll miss Mark's presence on the board, particularly his sometimes-curmugeonly crankiness and sense of humor, both of which shielded the heart of a mensch.

Farewell, Mark.
    Oseh shalom b'mromav, hu ya-asseh shalom alenu v'al kol Yisroel, v'yimeru, amen.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Man, just catching up to this thread. What a shock.

I had some good discussions in past years, and I appreciated his knowledge and experience in Judo. I hope he passed it on to others.

He'll be missed here. My condolences.
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Likes (received)

This is so sad and shocking. Mark and I often PM'ed or emailed on Kata though we had not been so prolific of late.

The thread on the Go-no-Kata was of particular interest to both of us and also posts concerning the Budokwai in London.

RIP Mark
    Dr Llyr C Jones (ジョーンズ)

Likes (received)

Mark will be missed. Ialways enjoyed his posts on Judo and historical perspective. He was one of the first Judoka I met through the internet and I'll always regret never having met him in person.
    Rob Thornton

Likes (received)

I have corresponded with Mark for years; he opened my mind and my eyes to a few things, and he also gave me MUCH encouragement over the years. I regret never having the opportunity to meet him in person.

My condolences to his friends and family. He obviously imprinted himself positively on many lives, including mine.

Rest in peace, my friend.

Jeff Cook

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast