Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is a new Ozeki on the rise, in Ama?

Likes (received)

Lightbulb Is a new Ozeki on the rise, in Ama?

Greetings All,

Well, after 9 days, Yokozuna Hakuho, Sekiwake Ama and Maegashira #5 Goedo, are all tied for the lead at 8-1. "BRAVO ON THIER KACHIKOSHIS!" Ama sure is turning heads with his impressive power, fighting-spirit and technical skills. Is a new Ozeki on the rise, in Ama? If so, he certainly deserves it. Goeido will definitely take home one of the the prizes, on day #15. The Banzuke has filled-in just fine without those naughty Russian Boys, so it has turned out to be a pretty darn good Aki Basho in Tokyo. Komusubi Baruto is a definite improvement to the rude Mr. Roho (ex-rikishi).

My money's on Yokozuna Hakuho, as far as the Yusho winner, this go around. I know, that's the safest choice, yes? Hey, ya can't blame me, he sure has blossomed into the very picture of a Yokozuna. I like his style! Hey, what's the once invincible, Yokozuna Asashoryu's problem? 5-4 is REALLY AWFUL!!! Is it the injury issue, again? I hope he heals-up sometime soon. While I'm glad the days of Asa's complete domination are gone, I still get such a thrill when two Yokozuna's battle it out on day #15. You do want it to be something special. Hmmmm... maybe it will be?

Say, John McCulloch, what's your two cents worth on this Aki Basho? Who do you see taking the Emperor's Cup? Maybe a Dark Horse like Goeido? One thing's for certain, ex-Komusubi Roho will never be a contender again. You almost have to feel sorry for him. Or do you? I guess you don't, do you? I never did like his poor disposition, lack of etiquette and rude behavior, anyway. Still, you've got to have a villain in the mix sometimes, for a little drama. Even so, who needs unsportsmanlike behavior in Grand Sumo? ...Pride Fighting, UFC and K2 are all welcome to him.

Later, Jon Palombi
    Last edited by jonpalombi; 22nd September 2008 at 15:50.

Likes (received)

Lightbulb Lightning prediction

It's Hakuho's to lose although I would like to see Ama go all the way for a change. I also agree that Ama is Ozeki material if he can keep his consistency up.

BTW, anyone else experiencing problems with the secondary audio on NHK at the moment? Might be a local problem here (polar bears chewing the cables again).

Take care,

John McCulloch

Likes (received)

Thumbs up "Everything's coming up Ama!"

Quote Originally Posted by John McCulloch View Post
    It's Hakuho's to lose although I would like to see Ama go all the way for a change.
    Hey John,

My sentiments exactly! Wouldn't it be something if it was indeed Sekiwake Ama receiving the Emperors Cup, next Sunday? He may be 25-30 kilos shy of being able to topple Hakuho but I can hardly wait for their confrontation. You can't count things out for Ozeki Kotomitsuki either, so it ain't over till it's over.

Well John, it must be the polar bears, since I haven't had a problem from our TV Japan transmission. I hope they fix it for you soon.

Be well and practice often, Jon Palombi

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by John McCulloch View Post
    It's Hakuho's to lose although I would like to see Ama go all the way for a change. I also agree that Ama is Ozeki material if he can keep his consistency up.

BTW, anyone else experiencing problems with the secondary audio on NHK at the moment? Might be a local problem here (polar bears chewing the cables again).

Take care,

John McCulloch
    Hi John,

I am in Toronto and subscribe to Rogers Cable. I have always had problems getting the secondary audio feed on NHK (channel 607 on Rogers). I don't know if its just me and my pea brain that can't figure out how get access or if the feed itself (either from Rogers or fron NHK) is acting up. Any advice is welcome!

Thanks,

Dan
    Dan Botari

Likes (received)

Lightbulb Rogers cable technical support

Hi Dan,

WARNING: LOCAL CABLE PROGRAMMING ADVICE ONLY

This post is not going to be a barn burner for readers outside of Ontario, but here goes.

To switch to the secondary audio channel on Rogers:

1. Press "settings" on the remote
    2. Click on "Enable SAP"
    3. Go to "Choose SAP Language" and select "Francais" (yes, I know...)

That should do it.

Please also let Rogers know about the problem.

I hope this gets sorted out before the basho ends.

Good luck!

John McCulloch

Likes (received)

Thanks John, I'll give it a try.

BTW to get back on topic, I'd like to see Ama pull it off as well.

Cheers,

Dan
    Dan Botari