Likes Likes:  0

Thread: After 12 days, Yokozuna Hakuho leads the pack.

Likes (received)

Default After 12 days, Yokozuna Hakuho leads the pack.

Greetings All,

So, there are three days left to the Aki Basho. Yokozuna Hakuho looks to be the likely Yusho winner, with an 11-1 record. Ozeki Kotomitsuki and Sekiwake Ama are hot on his heels, though, with 10-2 records each. As John McCulloch so poignantly stated, "It's Hakuho's Yusho to lose". I agree but wouldn't it be wild if there was a play off? I'd like to see the Yokozuna make a mistake or get over-confident and lose a match. Then, we could have one exciting finale to this Aki Basho in Tokyo. Any thoughts on this possibility? Does anyone think Ama can come from behind and steal this Grand Tournament?

Later Guys, Jon Palombi

Likes (received)

Cool 98% Hakuho

I reckon it would be a major shock if anyone except Hakuho wins this basho. He's doing good sumo, has good health and apart from the hiccup with Kisenosato no-one has made a dent in him this time round.

It likely all comes down to Hakuho vs Kotomitsuki. Kotomitsuki has a chance if he gets a storming tachiai (may be a problem with the firm refereeing of the two fists down rule and resulting tentative starts) and is really on fire. Anything less than that and it's a comfortable yusho for the Yokozuna.

BTW, hope the English audio comes back soon! At least I haven't missed a Demon Kogure interview.

John