Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ideas?

Likes (received)

Beer years after I know

Kevin,

I know this is years late and I apologize. Thank you for the idea. In 2010 my job laid me off and the Dojo fizzled out. I still have the website and a few private students. I acutally have a building of my own now and will be matting my spring floor shortly, actually in the next few days.

I did team up with someone who taught kids to get money in and get the rent paid with my last try, but in the end he stiffed me on the last months rent and disappeared.

I'm giving this a go again (but this time even those I really hate the idea and thoat it all together) I'm charging more for less classes and running it as a business. I hope this time it takes off better and last longer than it did the last time. Again thank all of you for the advice and ideas it really helped a lot.
    James L. Fitzgerald
    Senso Ryu (99/03)
    Hakuho ryu Indy study group
    http://thejumonkan.webs.com

Likes (received)

You need social media, it is practically a marketing essential for small businesses. If you're not on social media, you might as well don't exist.

Likes (received)

Perhaps someone should just create a website on a website builder like hPage.com to document the processes of starting a Dojo and compile the posts on here. I reckon it gets a bit confusing browsing through lots of threads and posts.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by sumosa View Post
    Perhaps someone should just create a website on a website builder like hPage.com to document the processes of starting a Dojo and compile the posts on here. I reckon it gets a bit confusing browsing through lots of threads and posts.
    While I agree that it may get a bit confusing, it really isn't overly so. The way I see it, if someone can't go to the bother to do their own research, then they're not likely to be able to keep up with running a dojo anyway.
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

5. Likes cxt liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2