Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: kumogakure ryu

Likes (received)

Default kumogakure ryu

I have been studying ninpo taijutsu off and on for many years now. Over the past year or so I have developed a sudden interest in the kumogakure ryu. So my question is does anybody/one know where I can recieve personalized training in kumogakure ryu in the nyc/nj area?

Likes (received)

You are pretty much out of luck. As far as I am a aware, Masaki Hatsumi Sensei has never publicly taught the techniques that school in a systematic manner. I would be very suspicious of anyone who says that they know that material well enough to teach it.

Ev
    Evan London
    Dojo-cho, Jinenkan Inazuma Dojo
    Orange, CT
    www.Jinenkan-Inazuma.com

Likes (received)

Default Kumogakure Ryu Ii

thank you very much Evan! Would anyone know why he has not taught that school as of yet!?

Likes (received)

I am not a great source for this type of informaion, as I have no direct information on why is it not taught.

I would recommend posting this question in the "ninjutsu" forum, as this school is considered ninjutsu, and its soke is the head of the Bujinkan.

Alernatively, you could request the monitor of this foum move this thread to that section.

Ev
    Evan London
    Dojo-cho, Jinenkan Inazuma Dojo
    Orange, CT
    www.Jinenkan-Inazuma.com

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by khameleon59 View Post
    thank you very much Evan! Would anyone know why he has not taught that school as of yet!?
    We are not ready for it.

There are still people out there claiming to know the deep secrets of ninjas and how they use fire and explosives. Shame really as they are just people that learn a few karate moves, watch TV and get black powder to play with.

What is said in Komogakure Ryu is explosives and other "fun" stuff. But Soke has decided not to go down that path as some people are either not ready to learn or others will use it for ulterior motives.

Maybe one day it will be taught, but not this year.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by william northcote View Post

What is said in Komogakure Ryu is explosives and other "fun" stuff. .
    If your right (which idoubt) then that would be the best reason I can think not to expose it to the public

Check your spelling its Kumogakure
    Paul Richardson - Shidoshi
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

Likes (received)

i thought the common consensus was kumogakure ryu is togakure ryu with your feet closer together and some armour under your clothes
    Dean Eichler der Zweite
    Bujinkan Keiko Dojo
    Owner www.korisuya.com Ninjutsu tools

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baio View Post
    i thought the common consensus was kumogakure ryu is togakure ryu with your feet closer together and some armour under your clothes
    HI

thats new to me
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baio View Post
    i have also heard that the kumogakure ryu style did incorporate armour. also that they used some apecial form/type of yari. EXPLOSIVES!? intersting. well then my next question would be, why wouldn't he teach the taijutsu or the weapons portion excluding the EXPLOSIVES!?

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by khameleon59 View Post
    i have also heard that the kumogakure ryu style did incorporate armour. also that they used some apecial form/type of yari. EXPLOSIVES!? intersting. well then my next question would be, why wouldn't he teach the taijutsu or the weapons portion excluding the EXPLOSIVES!?
    At a guess, I'd say it has something to do with the following excerpt from tenet 4 of the Bujinkan Guidelines, which can be found at http://www.bujinkan.com/guidelines.htm :

Until now, the Bujinkan was open to large numbers of people who came to Japan. Among them, unfortunately, were those committing violent drunken acts, the mentally ill, and trouble makers who thought only of themselves and failed to see how their actions might adversely affect others.
    If we're still having problem like *this*, then I think the wise move on Soke's part is to minimize the amount of damage we can do to the reputation of our art as much as possible. Demolitions training should perhaps wait, under the circumstances.
    Carl Hamlin
    -----------------------------------------
    'The etiquette that underlies all martial arts is based on the assumption that the person with whom you are dealing is standing before you wearing three feet of razor sharp steel.' - George Ledyard

Likes (received)

Be careful equating casual interest with people who are intent on causing trouble.

The special yari was the Kamayari. You can see it used in a few genbukan clips on youtube. There are also a few other interesting little tools that act in similar ways i.e. are useful for grappling, grabbing, hanging, etc..

Kumogakure is known for its special walking and movement methods as well. Tanemura Shoto goes into some minor details about this kind of stuff in his book Ninpo Secrets.

If you want to learn about explosives or fireworks you'd be better off just studying that separately and learning from the internet. It's not like that kind of information is hard to find anymore. Just be careful in regard to the legality of searching for such info in your country, and the making of fireworks or explosives by yourself is illegal in pretty much every 1st world nation.
    Cory Burke
    ゴゴゴ!

Likes (received)

Beer

Kumogakure means to "hide among the clouds", when you are as good as olympian Michael Phelps, then you will understand this ryuha, otherwise you wont reach cloud nine
    Eric Weil
    "Kuji first, Taijutsu last"

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    you wont reach cloud nine
    Eric

your kuji is working well today.

Cloud 9 is a strip bar here in Lincoln.

Perfect for your taijutsu
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

Likes (received)