Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: kumogakure ryu

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by khameleon59 View Post
    I have been studying ninpo taijutsu off and on for many years now. Over the past year or so I have developed a sudden interest in the kumogakure ryu. So my question is does anybody/one know where I can recieve personalized training in kumogakure ryu in the nyc/nj area?
    On serious note, no one aside from Hatsumi-sensei and maybe one or two Japanese shihan have any authority or licensing for that matter to teach it. As to what it fully entails, ask Hatsumi-sensei. So sorry to say, no one in the NYC/NJ area knows it, if they do, their lying!
    Eric Weil
    "Kuji first, Taijutsu last"

Likes (received)

Well the explosives thing is not what I am after. To learn more of the history and the teachings of the ryuha is what I am after. Which leads me back to my previous question. Why not the taijutsu of the school? Do you guys/gals think that the teachings of the school will be lost or not evolve with time impart to the fact it is not openly taught?

Likes (received)

Maybe it has been taught in part on some occasion. But as Soke has taught some kata from otehr schools outside of the nine, who knows what has been taught and from where.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2