Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A Forlorn Situation

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Cook View Post
    Thank you for the clarification sir. I understand you perfectly now.

I'm doing alright; still active duty, still a crusty old E7. I turned the 20-year corner last year; I haven't been the subject of a 15-6, so I guess I haven't upset anybody at the puzzle palace too bad. Had a difficult shoulder surgery a little over a year ago, but am still in good shape. The dojos are doing well. I've managed to go to Asia on the government's dime a few times since I last corresponded with you, and to 'Nam on an unarmed civilian EP gig this past May. That was interesting; I only had one intense "encounter" in a Hmong village, about 10k south of the Chinese border. It turned out well for all involved; no injuries. I think it took a few days off of my life though.

Are you staying on friendly ground for awhile, I hope?

Jeff Cook
    That's awesome, sergeant! Take care of that shoulder, I injured my rotator cuff a few years ago and it keeps coming back. I am currently doing a stint as an instructor at the Special Warfare Center teaching small unit tactics. That's only going to last until the summer and then I have to go back to the operational side of the house. And, from all the press, it sounds like I'll become more acquainted with Afghanistan (again!) than Colombia. Just prior to all of this, I spent a year on an assignment that I can't even mention here. But, it was really interesting. If you ever get around to being near Bragg, send me a note.

Likes (received)

You bet I will sir. I would be honored to meet you face-to-face and buy you a beer or three! Unfortunately I don't have any TDY scheduled for your 'hood this year; Ft. Stewart will be the closest, I think (FTX). I may make it up to NCR to check on our mission up there (that high-speed low-risk ADA mission), and probably out to Little Rock for a school. We're currently mobilizing two slices: another rotation to NCR, and a rather large slice to Afghanistan. I was fingered to be the PSG for that, but the smart people decided I was needed more as a trainer in the rear. *sigh* No complaints; that job is important too.

Take care of that shoulder MAJ; mine is G2G now but that was the most intensely painful thing I have ever experienced (the surgery). It was a rotator cuff repair, cartilage debridement, and a bunch of arthritic bone crap scraped off. My other shoulder is wearing down too, but no surgery needed yet. The "good news" from my surgeon is I won't need a joint replacement for ten years. Hah! He doesn't know who he is dealing with.

Great to hear from you, as always. My AKO is jeffrey.cook. Hit me up if you don't mind sir; would love to stay in touch with you.

Jeff Cook

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3