Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hakko Ryu Video of Shodai Soke Okuyama

Likes (received)

Default Hakko Ryu Video of Shodai Soke Okuyama

Hakko Ryu Video of Shodai Soke Okuyama Ryuho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-r0FN8BR9Y

Here is the first in a series of rare video clips of Shodai Soke Okuyama Ryuho, the founder of Hakko Ryu Jujutsu and Koho Shiatsu Igaku. In these videos you will see demonstrations of both the Jujutsu and Koho Shiatsu portions of training. Also, you will see many rare photos and hear songs sung which are related to the art.

There are thousands of practitioners of Hakko Ryu around the world. Many of which have never had the privilege of seeing the founder while he was alive. I hope this video serves as a source of inspiration for all practitioners of Hakko Ryu worldwide.
    Billy Ristuccia
    Bujinkan Yotsume Dojo

Likes (received)

Default Haizan Minami

In this first video clip you will see an old man standing next to Okuyama Sensei with a long white beard. This is Haizan Minami, one of Okuyama Sensei's medical teachers who became very close to him and sat on the board of the school.

Okuyama Sensei's other main medical teacher was Ryuzan Hirata founder of "Hirata Zone Therapy" which a variation of is used extensively in Koho Shiatsu Igaku therapy.
    Last edited by Yotsume; 4th March 2009 at 15:30.
    Billy Ristuccia
    Bujinkan Yotsume Dojo

Likes (received)

Here is the second part of the video of Shodai Soke Okuyama.

Hakko Ryu Shodai Soke Okuyama Ryuho (Part 2 of 4)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YKtsa1WbN8

This portion of the video mainly consists of a slide show of very old photos from various training events. In the background is a song related to Hakko Ryu.
    Last edited by Yotsume; 4th March 2009 at 18:06.
    Billy Ristuccia
    Bujinkan Yotsume Dojo

Likes (received)

MANY THANKS!

look forward to parts 3 & 4!
    Xichen
    Australasian Martial Arts & Self Defence Forums - http://www.ozmaforums.com

Likes (received)

Default Hakkoryu video

Thank you for posting that video. I love seeing video of Shodai Soke Okuyama. There is not much available. Thank you for making this video public for everyone to see.
    Do you have other Hakkoryu Jujutsu videos in your collection?

Warm regards,
    Melanie Fine
    Suigetsu Dojo

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyumonsha View Post
    MANY THANKS!

look forward to parts 3 & 4!
    Your welcome! Parts 3 and 4 will be posted very soon. Sometimes that Youtube 10 minute restriction is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieFine View Post
    Thank you for posting that video. I love seeing video of Shodai Soke Okuyama. There is not much available. Thank you for making this video public for everyone to see.
    Do you have other Hakkoryu Jujutsu videos in your collection?

Warm regards,
    Melanie Fine
    Suigetsu Dojo
    There is so much history contained in this one video it isn't even funny! From seeing Shodai Soke's medical teachers, to seeing a number of other "famous" budoka in the slide show section of the video after they had passed their Kaiden level testing. There are photos of military generals, high level politicians, important doctors, maybe even a few shots of black dragon society members, and of course the general community member...

Yes I do have many other videos related to Hakko Ryu. A few of which I could never post on the open internet. Shihan training should not be posted openely for the public to see. However, finally being able to see Shodai Soke alive and "Gakun-ing" was way over do if you ask me!

There are a growing amount of Hakko Ryu related videos hitting the net. Some are very good and others are rather poor. Joe Miller was nice enough to post a couple of clips of Nidai Soke personally interacting with lower level students and the comments were not so nice in return. From an outsider looking in on a training session many wrong assumptions will happen. This is why I will moderate all comments on YouTube related to Shodai Soke Okuyama's video clips. I do not want outsiders, who make inaccurate assumptions, to be able to control the "presentation" of these videos clips on YouTube. People who post clips of Hakko Ryu or their school on YouTube should do so in a little smarter and more respectful manner.
    Billy Ristuccia
    Bujinkan Yotsume Dojo

Likes (received)

Thank you very much! Hello from Italy.

Sung Gyun
    Cho Sung Gyun

Kankukan Ryu Aikido
    Oriental Modern History Ph.D Student

Likes (received)

Thanks for posting those video clips Billy. Hope that you are well.

Jose Garrido
    Jose' delCristo Garrido
    Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu Mainline Tradition
    NYC Metro Area Branch Dojo
    facebook.com/daitoryudojonj

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Garrido View Post
    Thanks for posting those video clips Billy. Hope that you are well.

Jose Garrido
    JOSE!!! HELLO!!!

I hope you are well to. It has been a long time! I should have the last two clips up shortly. They rest of the video is basically more of the slide show and song which is going on in the second clip. (I believe there is a song which is related to Shihan training in Hakko Ryu. I think part of this song is heard during the video).

English Translation Project?
    It would be nice to have an English translation made of the video for everyone. If anyone is interested in helping with that project please PM me.
    Billy Ristuccia
    Bujinkan Yotsume Dojo

Likes (received)

Default Part 3 of 4 Posted!

Hakko Ryu Shodai Soke Okuyama Ryuho (Part 3 of 4)

Here is the link to the third video clip of Shodai Soke Okuyama that I have posted on Youtube. Again, as in the second clip, you will find a continuation of the slide show and song.
    Billy Ristuccia
    Bujinkan Yotsume Dojo

Likes (received)

Default Part 4 of 4 Posted!

Hakko Ryu Shodai Soke Okuyama Ryuho (Part 4 of 4)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNScOLz7Krc

Here is the fourth and final video clip of Shodai Soke Okuyama Ryuho. As in part 2 and 3, this is a continuation of the slide show and song being sung about Hakko Ryu.

The slide show portion of the video in clips 2-4 has so many wonderful photos, many of which have not been seen before. I wish this video was hours and hours longer!
    Billy Ristuccia
    Bujinkan Yotsume Dojo

Likes (received)

Thanks for sharing. My own teacher gave me a copy of this film a few years back. Obviously a short promotional film for Hakko-ryu in the same vain as some of the older Aikido films from the same era. Nice to see it made available for the public.

Shihan training should not be posted openely for the public to see.
    Some things are hidden in plain sight...

Likes (received)

Thank you very much for sharing, Billy san.
    Ben Haryo (This guy has low IQ and uses a dialect which vaguely resembles Bad English).

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by john_lord_b3 View Post
    Thank you very much for sharing, Billy san.
    Your very welcome!
    Billy Ristuccia
    Bujinkan Yotsume Dojo