Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kuroda Tetsuzan in Japan

Likes (received)

Default Kuroda Tetsuzan in Japan

Hi all,

I would like to fly to Japan to learn from Kuroda Tetsuzan. However, his website doesn't states any dojo address or contact emails. Does anyone knows how to contact him / obtain more information?

The website also states there will be a gasshuku in Sept and Nov, and also doesn't state any location.

Grateful for any help.

Thanks,
    Jack

Likes (received)

Hi Jack,
    I recommend you contact some of his American students, such as James Williams or some of the fellows at the San Antonio dojo. I'm sure that they can get you pointed in the right direction.

Good luck with your search. A training partner of mine got a chance to meet Kuroda Sensei at an aiki expo event and even experience his jujutsu technique first-hand. My friend is pretty hard to impress but he seemed downright stunned by Kuroda Sensei.
    David Sims

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - Terry Pratchet

My opinion is, in all likelihood, worth exactly what you are paying for it.

Likes (received)

Hey Dave,

I guess you're talking about me, huh? Yes Kuroda sensei is very amazing and I was very impressed with him. I describe his batto like this: imagine you're watching a short movie clip of someone drawing their sword. Then take the first frame of the film with the sword in the saya, and then take the last frame of the film where the sword is out and remove all the frames in between and that is what his batto was like. You see him sitting down, you blink and he's standing and has already cut and you're not sure how he got from A to B.

And yes it does take a lot to impress me these days. I've seen too many people get talked up, just to be let down by them. I've also seen too many students of self-proclaimed great teachers who aren't very good. Kuroda sensei is the real deal.

Best regards,
    Christopher Covington

Daito-ryu aikijujutsu
    Kashima Shinden Jikishinkage-ryu heiho

All views expressed here are my own and don't necessarily represent the views of the arts I practice, the teachers and people I train with or any dojo I train in.

Likes (received)

Our annual U.S. Shinbukan keiko was earlier this month at the Dojo of the Four Winds in Encinitas, CA. which is also the hombu dojo for Nami ryu Aiki Heiho. This was our 10th anniversary of Kuroda sensei training at our dojo, San Antonio was last year, Chicago is next year. There are 3 study groups for Shinbukan in the United States. Kuroda sensei is very particular about accepting new students.

Speaking for the Dojo of the Four Winds, we would not recomend anyone we do not know very well, whose character we could not vouch for, or who is unable to make a commitment.

Regards,
    Jim O'Connell

Likes (received)

This might help.
    No email address but a number and some training times and locations.

http://www.bab.co.jp/hiden/dojyo/ken.../ken11-01.html

Likes (received)

Default Voila

Maybe try this...

hiden@bab.co.jp
    Andy Watson

Minoru hodo
    Kobe o tareru
    Inaho ka na

http://www.simenergy.co.uk

Likes (received)

Thanks mosb!
    In fact, the whole Hiden Dojo Guide is an excellent resource itself!

Totally understand Jim, I'll try to get in touch with Kuroda Sensei myself. I''m not from the US by the way, I'm from Singapore.

Andy, isn't that the email address for the Hiden publisher?

Thanks everyone

Likes (received)

Jack,

Russel in Singapore is a long term student of Kuroda sensei from the hombu dojo. He was just out to visit recently. If you would like to pm with your contact information, i will forward to him.

Regards,
    Jim