Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sato Kimbei student teaching in GA, USA...

Likes (received)

Post Sato Kimbei student teaching in GA, USA...

It's been years since I don't post on this forum. Has anyone heard of a gentleman by the name of Duke Meade in regards to teaching Asayama Ichiden Ryu in the USA?

Here is his website. http://liveoak72.tripod.com/profile.html

I plan on visiting his dojo today; it's 8 min from where I am for this year.

Thanks in advanced.

Likes (received)

Anyway ...

Duke Meade has a very traditional looking dojo here in Columbus, GA. It was hard to find the place, mainly because I was looking for a "school". Literally, he teaches out of a dojo he built adjacent to his home. And, honestly, it looks like a dojo out of Japan. Even the path leading to it, a Japanese style garden with fish ponds and traditional Japanese architecture all around, was somewhat surprising.

When I walked in, I was treated the same way my last traditional instructor treated me; I was allowed to sit and watch, but nothing else. When class was over, I was instructed to come back another day - nothing else was said. The instruction itself seems to be Asayama Ichiden Ryu and Yagyu Shingan Ryu. I won't go into details of what I saw since I don't have permission to do so from the school, but it was hard training. The air in the dojo was moist with sweat - it was a familiar place, in a way. He is the real deal; that was my first impression.

Likes (received)

Wow, you are very lucky, being able to train with a student of the late grandmaster Sato Kinbei. How's training going these days?
    Ben Haryo (This guy has low IQ and uses a dialect which vaguely resembles Bad English).