Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Combat sport: Bisping carries British hopes

Likes (received)

Default Combat sport: Bisping carries British hopes

Michael Bisping carries the hopes of British mixed martial arts on his improbably-broad shoulders tomorrow, when he takes on legendary American Dan Henderson at UFC 100, the biggest event in the emerging combat sport's ten-year history.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/g...s-1740347.html
    Indar Picton-Howell
    印打
    Abujavol

Likes (received)

RIP Bisping...Hendo will win.
    Brian Culpepper

Likes (received)

I think it will be close but hope bisping takes it .Its a win win for him if he loses no biggy he was against a legend if he wins its ups his ranking he has already said he needs time for the champ

Likes (received)

Anyone see it yet? Good fight! No spoilers please.
    Paul Greaves
    ''Skill is aquired via sweat equity''

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by bu-kusa View Post
    Anyone see it yet? Good fight! No spoilers please.
    Well, I imagine you already know the news by now (as it is the next day after the fight). But, I was really worried about the Brit for a few minutes there; I feared he would have permanent damage from those two blows he received. It was a massacre.

Likes (received)

The last strike, with all of hendo's body weight still in mid air behind it, that was something else, amazing technique, brutal yet amazing.
    Paul Greaves

Likes (received)

The last one was uncalled for good fight though bisping should of listened to his cornered and maybe his class and skill would of won the day but well done to henderson

Likes (received)

I'm not really too fond of Bisping, so I was pleased with the result. Good event overall. Belcher got robbed, though!

http://i28.tinypic.com/16k6jk5.gif
    TSKSR - Kakudokan Kristiansand
    Kendo - Kristiansand Kendoklubb

Likes (received)

Hmmm.. I knew History was bound to repeat itself..
    Prince Loeffler
    Shugyokan Dojo

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by tanis View Post
    The last one was uncalled for good fight though bisping should of listened to his cornered and maybe his class and skill would of won the day but well done to henderson
    Uncalled for from a sporting perspective and/or fighting perspective??...Biz had really gotten under Hendo's skin. In Hendo's eyes and mine, Biz got what he deserved. Was it nice? No. They're in the fighting business, it's not meant to be nice. I could fill up two websites with photos of the injuries, cuts, bruises I've received from my "friends"; if someone doesn't like my mouth, I should expect and receive worse.

Yours in Budo,

Andrew De Luna

Likes (received)

Default Uncalled for, yup.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky1899 View Post
    Uncalled for from a sporting perspective and/or fighting perspective??...Biz had really gotten under Hendo's skin. In Hendo's eyes and mine, Biz got what he deserved. Was it nice? No. They're in the fighting business, it's not meant to be nice. I could fill up two websites with photos of the injuries, cuts, bruises I've received from my "friends"; if someone doesn't like my mouth, I should expect and receive worse.

Yours in Budo,

Andrew De Luna
    I much prefer sumo in which the grand champ gets great critisism for smiling too much after winning.

Likes (received)

Dont forgot the hazing to death of trainee sumo wrestlers:

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0070927a3.html
    Paul Greaves

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by tanis View Post
    A lot of these fighters train to exploit a downed opponent almost as a "knee jerk" reaction. How many times have we seen a fighter that is hit, falls to the ground, yet his opponent delays - or is out of adequate distance - to exploit that tactical success? Hendo might have talked smack afterwards about how he did it because the Brit deserved it. But, I'm convinced that his pursuit of the downed opponent was part of training-induced programing; a good automatic response.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Watson View Post
    I much prefer sumo in which the grand champ gets great critisism for smiling too much after winning.
    I prefer it too; sumo is almost always a traditional, chivalrous battle. Sumo wrestlers would get criticized for talking smack before a fight too not just for smiling too much after victory. UFC is a 20th-21st century sport, we are building a tradition right now.

Tooth for tooth brother, this is war! Uncalled for, nope!

Yours in Budo,

Andrew De Luna

Likes (received)

Heh. Bisping got what he asked for.

The whole show this season I liked the Brits better than the Americans, except Bisping. Couldn't stand the way he acted. Good on Hendo for tooling him.

Best,
    Ron