Hello All

I will admit that I am a big fan of Wikipedia. I could spend hours going from article to article. That has got me wishing that there was a really good Bujinkan Wiki. There is already at least one Bujinkan Wiki (see http://www.akban.org/wiki/index.php/Bujinkan ) but it looks to be mixed in with other martial arts and the information is not as extensive as it could be.

There is also the aspect that a potential Bujinkan Wiki brings up about what is public and what is not meant for public consumption. On one hand there are a lot of really experienced Bujinkan practitioners what could offer a wealth of information to such a Wiki. On the other hand there are aspects of our art that are clearly not meant to be shared with those outside the Bujinkan. Something else to be considered is how Hatsumi-soke would feel about such a thing.

In my own experience, I had a gap of a few years in my training. When I came back I found that I had major gaps in my knowledge. Over time I have been working to eliminate those gaps so that I do not pass them on to my students. To that end over the last few years I have been writing out as much of a gapless curriculum as I can. If there had been a Bujinkan Wiki page that process would have been much easier.

On a side note, if there is enough interest and it appears that going forward would not be inappropriate, I am willing to put in the time and resources to start such a site.

So, what are your thoughts? For or against? If you are for a Bujinkan Wiki, what do you see would be the best way to go about it?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Take care,
John