Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Practicing real life fighting

Likes (received)

Default Practicing real life fighting

I want to make it clear that I don't know any martial arts. I love street safe series of Paul-Vunak but I am unable to get any practitioner in my area . So I bought a punching bag started practicing some of the moves I learned from street safe 1 and Tony Jaa's The Protector movie. The only one aim is self-defense , fighting on the street for one's life.

This is my training schedule of hitting the punching bag, I practice kicks on both legs, so divide the reps by 2 for number of kicks with each leg :

(1) 20 front kicks
    (2) 20-30 round house kicks (attack on ribs)
    (3) 50 side kicks
    (4) 50 punches (with first two knuckles)
    (5) Punch-on-Wall
    (6) 10 elbow attacks
    (7) 20 knee kicks
    (8) 20 knee kicks (with jumps, you jump and then attack with knee)

My space is quite cramped and I don't have the money to rent a bigger room, so I can not practice moves which take lots of space. Currently I am reading about some boxing moves. Can anyone do some additions to the training, any other lethal moves I can practice ?

When you practice round-house kick which is more effective for real life combat: the upper part of foot or the leg + foot method of Muay-Thai.

Likes (received)

Arnuld

I don't think taking lessons or how train via forum is the proper route if you desire training in bugei. If anything, it can be detrimental to whaever it is you wished to accomplished.

There are ways to go about taking proper training regardless of financial status.

I don;t mean to dahsed your dream but this is how I strongly feel.
    Prince Loeffler
    Shugyokan Dojo

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Loeffler View Post
    Arnuld

I don't think taking lessons or how train via forum is the proper route if you desire training in bugei. If anything, it can be detrimental to whaever it is you wished to accomplished.

There are ways to go about taking proper training regardless of financial status.

I don;t mean to dahsed your dream but this is how I strongly feel.
    Seconded, have you tried this:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...meta=&aq=f&oq=
    Paul Greaves
    ''Skill is aquired via sweat equity''

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by bu-kusa View Post
    Thanks for the link man. Although only 50% of them are about Martial-Arts, rest of them are other like traditional Indian dance arts, electrical company or fashion arts etc but I have fixed 2 appointments: one with Kendo and one with Karate people , there are 2 more I found, I ma unable to contact them for now. Will try next week.

Thanks again

Likes (received)

I had 5 appointments and I liked one Yamaguchi guy and another one teaching Shaolin Kung-Fu. All others were either focusing more on traditions or on sportive functions of Martial-Arts rather than street self defense. I have one last appointment with one Wushu practitioner tomorrow, will tell you how it went.

Likes (received)

Great News B)

I finally found a master nearby my area, The guy is as young as me and is 3rd level Black belt in Yamaguchi Karate. After 14 years into this art, he has created an unnamed art for street fighting purpose on his own. He even has devised body conditioning exercises on his own. We became friends and named the art as CTFS - Creative and Tactical Fighting Systems.

The course will go for 1 and half years, divided into 3 stages: basic, medium and advanced, each 6 months of duration. Basic includes body conditioning only along with some fundamental and basic attack strategies. Its been 15 days since I am practicing and I have collected the experience in my blog.

Thanks to you Bu-Kusa and Prince Loeffler for for forcing me to have a physical teacher. Only after real training while being observed physically by a good teacher, I came to know the difference in learning from videos and in real life.

Likes (received)

Nat,

Welcome to E-Budo.
    Please note that the rules here state that each post must contain your full name. You can do this automatically by adding a signature from the settings menu.

In regards to your question, I'm not sure if anyone can give you any specific advice. As for general advice, it will probably go along the lines of "find yourself a qualified instructor".

Best of luck.
    Andrew Smallacombe

Aikido Kenshinkai

JKA Tokorozawa

Now trotting over a bridge near you!

Likes (received)

"NAT" is quite clearly a spambot. The text of his post is cut and paste from further up this dead thread.
    Neil Gendzwill
    Saskatoon Kendo Club