Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Which martial art would you recomend for self defense

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Likes (received)

This is a timeless topic and I would also like to contribute something. The OP might have chosen one already but this one is for the people who are currently asking the same question. I am not a highly proficient martial artist but I'll give it a go. In my opinion, choosing the type of Martial art requires self assessment. You can answer the following questions:

*What discipline do you find yourself excelling to?
    *Why type of discipline do you think your overall physical strength can be highly effective?
    *Do you like getting punched in the face? If not, then try to avoid disciplines that involve striking
    *Do you have brittle bones? Then try your very best to avoid disciplines that require grappling
    *If you like to learn Martial arts for self defense, what type of environment are you at? Will you most likely be attacked with a gun, a knife, or by bare knuckles alone? Once you answered those questions, then it's time to do some research on what type of martial art would suit you best.

I hope this will help.
    Last edited by Cady Goldfield; 12th March 2015 at 14:55. Reason: remove commercial link