Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fujita Seiko, wife and daughter Pictures

Likes (received)

Default Fujita Seiko, wife and daughter Pictures

Here is an interesting article from a old magazine called The Asahi Picture News dated December 1950. I recently purchased this magazine since I was told there was an small article on Ninjutsu. Needless to say I was really very surprised since it features pictures of Fujita Seiko, his wife and daughter.

Here is the translation of the captions.

magazine 1950 A: on the biggest photo's sentence "Teaching a ninjutsu "How to walk with the top side of the feet", but it's not a easy ninjutsu"

the biggest Character on the center "I hear voice but the form of the body doesn't disappear."

left side of photo1) "even though she was tighten really carefully, she is a Mr. Seiko's wife"

photo 2) "She can release herself within 2 minutes and 30 seconds."

photo right side in the middle, "Also Mr. Seiko's daughter is trained so well that she is fine when she steps on the broken glasses"

smallest photo on the bottom, "These are Mr. Seiko's secret texts"

Right side bottom article. -----

Mr. Seiko who lives Nezu area in Tokyo is the most mysterious person in the world. Mr. Seiko is 52 years old. People know him as a healer of serious illness. However, he claims that he is the head of the Kouga Ryu Ninjutsu the 14th descendent. Needless to say that he has mysterious and magical skills, he can even walk through in the fire or water and he is totally fine. He always tells 20 of his students “Although, this is called Ninjutsu, Ninjutsu is also a rational skill. You need to train your body and soul since your childhood to improve your skill.” Therefore, those bad guys such as Sarutobi are crying in the hell saying “This is the end of the world!”

Magazine_1950 B:

photo1) ---- person like Mr. Seiko always smoke from his nose.

photo2) ---- then, he exhales slowly

Left side top --- When he says "EEII", Chicken passes out as if it's dead.

left with cat and women ---- Mr. Seiko eats broken glasses.

on the bottom photo ---- Mr. Seiko is wearing Nin-head gear and holding Nin-rake. Spider ladder, anchor with rope and rope-ladder(from left to right) are vertically hanging on the wall. Another thing hanging diagonally is floating bridge. All of these are Kouga Ryu Ninjutsu tools!
    Robert C. Gruzanski

Likes (received)

Thanks for sharing this.

Likes (received)

So,

Can anyone name any of the white clad trainees learning to walk on the sides of their feet? I'm thinking that this is his 'Karate' class, maybe just doing a 'one off' publicity shoot to help promote his knowledge of ninjutsu. Failing that, it would imply that he was running some kind of ninja dojo.

Regards,
    William
    William Derobec

Witch hunts often end with burnt fingers....

Likes (received)

Hi,

For clarity, in using the term 'Karate' here I'm referring to whatever generic/specific art other than ninjutsu that he would have been teaching in the early '50's.

Best Wishes,
    William
    William Derobec

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by derobec View Post
    Hi,

For clarity, in using the term 'Karate' here I'm referring to whatever generic/specific art other than ninjutsu that he would have been teaching in the early '50's.

Best Wishes,
    William
    Is that really ninjutsu he's showing or circus tricks?
    Eric Bell

Genbukan Ninpo

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by EWBell View Post
    Is that really ninjutsu he's showing or circus tricks?
    Hi,

Fair point. But the 'students' appear to be learning in a sort of systematized manner hence my question. there's really no mileage to be gained in this one but curiosity being what it is...

All the Best,
    William
    William Derobec

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by derobec View Post
    Hi,

Fair point. But the 'students' appear to be learning in a sort of systematized manner hence my question. there's really no mileage to be gained in this one but curiosity being what it is...

All the Best,
    William
    Oh don't misunderstand me, I definitely see what you're saying. I can see how this could also open the door for replies like, "See we told you Fujita Seiko taught his ninjutsu to people."
    Eric Bell

Genbukan Ninpo

Likes (received)

Oh don't misunderstand me, I definitely see what you're saying. I can see how this could also open the door for replies like, "See we told you Fujita Seiko taught his ninjutsu to people."
    Hi, yeah, I fully understand where you're coming from on that one. I did wonder after my original post whether it would simply have been best not to ask.

Could be a bit of a mine field in the sense that it may allow the more dubious members of the martial art world to try and pass themselves off as grand-students, or whatever. Maybe clarification of who the students in the photo are would put paid to that. Inoue sensei or such like? We all know that Fujita had legitimate students -they just didn't learn 'ninjutsu' (so far as I'm aware). Hence my original suggestion that it may have been a one-off publicity shot rather than a view of one of his standard lessons.

Maybe it is best to just let this one fade into the archives unless someone can offer positive suggestions as to the participants.

All the Best,
    William
    William Derobec

Likes (received)

I think Fujita Seiko was always adamant about not teaching what he knew as far as ninjutsu was concerned. At least that's what I've gathered from reading bits and pieces about him here and there.
    Eric Bell

Genbukan Ninpo

Likes (received)

I think Fujita Seiko was always adamant about not teaching what he knew as far as ninjutsu was concerned. At least that's what I've gathered from reading bits and pieces about him here and there.
    From what I learned (mainly the excellent biography written by Philip T Hevener, but also various bits and pieces on the net) he was indeed not ambiguous about this: koga ryu wada-ha would die with him.

The walking on the top of his feet was indeed something that is mentioned as basic training in the book, but iirc the book also mentioned that most (or possibly everything) showed in public by Fujita Seiko were endurance techniques he learned during the time his spent with the Yamabushi.

If you are at all interested in the person Fujita Seiko, buy the book. It is dirt cheap, and contains lots of interesting stuff and pictures.

Likes (received)

Robert,

Thank you for an excellent post. As concerns the matter of Fujita having trained anyone, he was very clear from his statements that he never trained anyone to a degree that his ninjutsu could have been passed on. Fujita did, however, claim that he taught aspects of his art at the Nakano School.

I was also told by Murayama Kunio, the uchi deshi of Fujita's uchi deshi, Iwata Manzo, that Fujita did a demonstration for his karate club that contained many of the elements mentioned in the article. I will ask him if he recognizes any of the men in the picture with fujita and get back to you.
    Phillip T. Hevener

Likes (received)

Thank you Robert for the wonderful pics and article.

Lets not forget that Saito Satoshi (5th & current headmaster of Negishi-ryu shurikenjutsu) also learned some sensu "fan" techniques of Koga-ryu from Fujita Seiko as noted in the excellent interview in the book (“Sword & Spirit: Classical Warrior Traditions of Japan” Volume 2, 1999, Koryu Books). So it appears he taught elements to some people but apparently not the whole system in a way as to officially pass it onto someone.
    Eric Weil
    "Kuji first, Taijutsu last"

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post

Lets not forget that Saito Satoshi (5th & current headmaster of Negishi-ryu shurikenjutsu) also learned some sensu "fan" techniques of Koga-ryu from Fujita Seiko as noted in the excellent interview in the book (“Sword & Spirit: Classical Warrior Traditions of Japan” Volume 2, 1999, Koryu Books). So it appears he taught elements to some people but apparently not the whole system in a way as to officially pass it onto someone.
    That's very interesting, considering there are a couple of knuckleheads on YouTube going around to the various ninpo/ninjutsu videos, and saying there are no fighting techniques in ninjutsu.
    Eric Bell

Genbukan Ninpo

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post

That's very interesting, considering there are a couple of knuckleheads on YouTube going around to the various ninpo/ninjutsu videos, and saying there are no fighting techniques in ninjutsu.
    You might want to read the interview before drawing any conclusions. Saito sensei didn't actually mention anything about fan fighting techniques in Koga-ryu.

Instead, the most specific thing Saito sensei said was: "So the ninjutsu fan, which was used as a measuring device, had nine spines, which were used to generate a system of trigonometric functions, including sines and cosines." (Page 104). Saito sensei was discussion surveying and mathematics.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Ron Beaubien

Likes (received)

Thank you for clearing that up. The reason I brought up the youtube guys was because they're doing everything to discredit Takamatsu Sensei, but are totally ok with Fujita Seiko.
    Eric Bell

Genbukan Ninpo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast