Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is this Takenouchi-ryū jo vs. jo?

Likes (received)

Default Is this Takenouchi-ryū jo vs. jo?

Looking at this clip you see two fellows going at it with two jo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf6DOGrones

I caught the name: 竹内流, which googlejutsu say means Takenouchi-ryū. Are the two men performing Takenouchi-ryū jo or are they just sharing the floor with the Takenouchi-gang?
    Fredrik Hall
    "To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous." /Confucius

Likes (received)

Yes, that is Bitchuden Takenouchi-ryu. I could clearly see Ono Kancho and Anthony Abry in there.

As for the techniques, I will defer to a member of the school like Ben Sharples who could better answer your question.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ron Beaubien

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Beaubien View Post
    Yes, that is Bitchuden Takenouchi-ryu. I could clearly see Ono Kancho and Anthony Abry in there.

As for the techniques, I will defer to a member of the school like Ben Sharples who could better answer your question.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ron Beaubien
    Indeed it does, thanks
    Its the first time I've seen their jo so its interesting from my (SMR-jo) point of view.
    Fredrik Hall
    "To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous." /Confucius

Likes (received)

Default Bitchuden Takenouchi-ryu

On the left is (I think) Takagi shihan facing the camera, with Antony Abry shihan doing kenjutsu; in the middle and right they are doing shinbo (a staff somewhat longer than an SMR jo). The shinbo is particular to the Bitchuden Takenouchi-ryu. It looks like other deshi are demo'ing in the background.

Then there's a switch to naginata (left) and kenbo (rokushakubo). Nice kiai. Then the camera shifts...and I can see Ono kancho with Antony on the left.

--Wayne Muromoto

Likes (received)

Aye...Wayne covered us all...
    Good video, but sadly they missed filming Takagi Sensei flipping Tony over for Gokui Saide...(I wanted to see it, but only because I love that waza..It's probably better not being put out there on video for all and sundry...LOL)..
    Thanks Wayne..Hope all is well?
    Ben Sharples.
    智は知恵、仁は思いやり、勇は勇気と説いています。

Likes (received)

Ah...And I think that the proper Jojutsu section is being done to the far right...Right of the Shinbo group in the middle..
    Ben Sharples.
    智は知恵、仁は思いやり、勇は勇気と説いています。

Likes (received)

Default All is well, thanks...

Ben,
    All is well, thanks. Saw Clark W. last night and we think we won't be at this year's Ryuusosai in Kyoto, unfortunately. Maybe next year.

--Wayne Muromoto