Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Atemi Giho and Yawara Giho, the first spanish books about koryu jujutsu

Likes (received)

Default Atemi Giho and Yawara Giho, the first spanish books about koryu jujutsu

Hi everybody,

It's a great pleasure for me to introduce the first book collection about koryu jujutsu written in spanish language. There is no source in koryu jujutsu before this books, and I have to say that it has been a great effort to show the koryu tradition of classical jujutsu ryuha in the Cervantes language.

My name is Xavier Teixdó, born in Barcelona, Spain (1976) and 25 years experienced in martial arts, holding Renshi in Aikijujutsu and 4º dan in Nihon Jujutsu and Kobujutsu. Member of IMAF Spain and Da¡ Nippon Butokukai. I have travelled around Europe and Japan to learn about traditional martial arts and show them to spanish students interested in.

Published by the best and most reknown martial arts editor in Spain, Jordi Sala http://www.editorial-alas.com with more than 25 years experienced in martial arts edition, Atemi Giho and Yawara Giho shows the history, tradition and sample techniques from the most important koryu jujutsu ryuha in Japan. From Sumai to Edo jujutsu, the text draws the connection between China to Japan, history and estrategies from koryu linages like Takenouchi ryu, Asayama Ichiden ryu, Yagyu Shingan ryu, Yoshin ryu, Bokuden ryu, Takeda ryu, Shindo Yoshin ryu and so on ...

In history chapters I am very pleased to be helped by some of the very best koryu researchers from the west. Thank you very much to Toby Threadgill sensei, Ellis Amdur sensei and Philip Hinshelwood sensei, and of course, my master and inspiration, José Miranda sensei.

Best wishes from Spain,
    Xavier Teixidó
    www.shoshinkanbudo.com
    Last edited by korin taky; 13th July 2010 at 22:54.
    Xavier Teixido
    Aikijujutsu, Nihon Jujutsu, Koryu Bujutsu
    www.shoshinkanbudo.com