Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aikijujutsu in Alaska

Likes (received)

Default Aikijujutsu in Alaska

Hello,

If there is anybody in the Anchorage/Mat-su area interested in Daito-ryu and/or Ono-ha Itto-ryu:

I will be visiting Alaska in January for 3 weeks while on vacation from Japan and have been authorized to open a study group in Hakuho-ryu Aikibudo.

Hakuho-ryu is essentially Okabayashi Shogen Sensei's branch of Daito-ryu. Sensei got both his shihan license in Daito-ryu as well as a Menkyo Kaiden in Sokaku-den Ono-ha Itto-ryu kenjutsu from Takeda Tokimune Sensei. Before going his own way, he was one of the chief instructors of the Takumakai and received a Kyoujudairi from Hisa Takuma sensei.

For more information contact me.

Happy holidays!
    Pat Sheehan
    Shihan-dai, Hakuho-ryu Aikibudo
    (Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu & Sokaku-den Ono-ha Itto-ryu)

Likes (received)

Pat,

It's very good to hear from you. I'm glad you will be opening a group in Alaska. Best of luck. Please say hi to everyone for me.
    Jose Navarro

Hakuhoryu Aikibudo

Likes (received)

Hello Jose,

Thank you.....and will do

I will be dividing the year, roughly in half, between Japan and, most likely, Alaska from now on....so, in addition to hitori-geiko, it's time to work on getting a small group together so I have somebody to play with while I'm here.

I'll be dropping by to visit Rod in your area now and again. Hope to see you there (or in Japan if you can make it over again).

Take care!
    Pat Sheehan
    Shihan-dai, Hakuho-ryu Aikibudo
    (Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu & Sokaku-den Ono-ha Itto-ryu)

Likes (received)

Already have something in the works for Japan. I will be sending you a message about it. Hope to see you there or in Michigan soon.
    Jose Navarro

Hakuhoryu Aikibudo