Likes Likes:  0

Thread: vey interesting art form

Likes (received)

Default vey interesting art form

I have done a bit or research on this style. Apparently for the book list someone posted on another soght i have a lot more reading to do beforei am ready for the classroom. i believe im born with the natural instincts of a warrior. i think this art would teach me to have more control of myselfand alaso be more effective if i ever needed to use it. i guess next step is read read and more reading theb its off to the dojo finder. Great website! thanks, want2bcentered aka matt harpham

Likes (received)

Also, try proof-reading your own posts. It can help to ensure that you can be understood.

Which Art are you talking about?
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

Likes (received)

Is it just me, or did that read like someone talking with their mouth full?

Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

Likes (received)

I was picturing someone sending it by texting with their thumbs while riding a skateboard across the High School campus.
    David Noble

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripitaka of AA View Post
    I was picturing someone sending it by texting with their thumbs while riding a skateboard across the High School campus.
    My second guess would be drunk. No offense want2bcentered
    Fredrik Hall
    "To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous." /Confucius

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by want2bcentered View Post
    I have done a bit or research on this style. Apparently for the book list someone posted on another soght i have a lot more reading to do beforei am ready for the classroom. i believe im born with the natural instincts of a warrior. i think this art would teach me to have more control of myselfand alaso be more effective if i ever needed to use it. i guess next step is read read and more reading theb its off to the dojo finder. Great website! thanks, want2bcentered aka matt harpham
    Ah, the natural instincts of a warrior!?!? I am jealous, really....

Likes (received)

Thank you for the obsevations about my post. Correct in the fact I'm using a cell phone to post and a lack of proof reading.No skateboard or alcohol involved although that would be a remarkable feat. Warrior instict as in a sixth sense or ability to think a few steps ahead of my opponents that came without formal training. not meant to brag or cause jealousy.
    Last edited by want2bcentered; 22nd March 2011 at 12:43. Reason: typo
    M Harpham

Likes (received)

Any further clue as to which Art you were referring to? Was it one of those mentioned in your profile? Could you give us an introduction perhaps?
    David Noble

Likes (received)

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Likes (received)

Stand still next time. Or maybe find a nice internet cafe.
    David Noble

Likes (received)

So far you've made three posts, only one of which is marginally understandable. Does Bernie Lau know that you claim to be studying Icho ryu in your profile?
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

Likes (received)

OK, Matthew studied at the Tacoma YMCA. Fujiko Gardner and Mike Bissionette are the sensei there, both ranked in Icho by Bernie and ranked in aikido via Isoyama. What they teach is at heart, Isoyama's lineage aikido. I know both of them personally and consider them friends.

Matthew has probably met Bernie in passing, and he may have been on the mat with me when I've visited the Tacoma YMCA, but I don't recall him at all. So, he is a junior student since I would recall any yudansha.

Matthew, a bit of advice from a senior student in Icho Ryu. Think about what you post a bit more before you post. I realize you are isolated and there is very little in way of training opportunities. But you need to get some training in to get a better perspective on martial arts. Because so far, everything you have posted does no honor to your teachers and what I know they teach.
    Last edited by Neil Yamamoto; 23rd March 2011 at 16:27. Reason: spelling errors