Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ordering Hakama from Japan in Singapore

Likes (received)

Default Ordering Hakama from Japan in Singapore

Good day,

I recently accepted a job in Singapore. To minimize weight of my luggage, I left my old and worn Hakama & Gi at home in Germany, thinking to order a new set while in Singapore.

The problem is that I have no idea on how to go about ordering stuff from Japan in Singapore. Clothes are not controlled items in Singapore, but how does shipping work? Do I just order from, say, Tozando, and they ship it to my address in Singapore? How will paying the GST work? Will the goods be held by customs and I just have to go there to pick it up?

I hope there is someone from Singapore on this board who does know how importing goods works?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
    Andreas Hauser
    Andreas Hauser, Member Onoha Ittoryu study group in Munich, Germany

Likes (received)

Default Ordering Hakama from Japan in Singapore

Hi Andreas,

I hope I'm not too late to answer your questions. Apart form several martial art stores selling gi and hakama in Singpaore, there is no problem in ordering from Japan as I have done. Goods are delivered directly to your shipping address and, from experience, GST is only payable if your order exceeds S$500. Even then you can pay the GST to the delivery guy directly when your package is delivered to your shipping address. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kenneth Lie
    Kenneth Lie