Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Katori Shinto Ryu to the Bujinkan

Likes (received)

Default Katori Shinto Ryu to the Bujinkan

Ok lately I have been hearing alot of Shihan mention the Katori Shinto Ryu in relation to the Bujinkan. I am by no means a historian, the information I have found was strictly related to the school itself.
    My question is this, Is there any relation of the Katori Shinto Ryu to the Bujinkan?
    You can send any information to Redkhameleon59@gmail.com
    Thank you in advance for any information.

Likes (received)

which shihan? problem is, in the buj, there are many shihan(some even refer to themselves as such). who are you referring to when you say 'alot of shihan mentioning katori shinto ryu'?
    Griff Lockfield

"To bear what you think you cannot bear is truly to bear"
    - BUSHIDO by Inazo Nitobe

3. Likes khameleon59 liked this post
    Likes (received)

Please do not take this the wrong way, however I know them to be legitimate shihan. By releasing their names will not answer my question in any shape or fashion in my opinion. I apologize in adavance for any misunderstanding.

Likes (received)

HI

I think you will find that there is absolutely no connection between the Bujinkan and the katori Shinto Ryu.

They shoul dbe kept apart and if any shihan is trying to pass off any KSR in the Bujinkan then they should stop immediately, if they are claiming a connection then they should also be told to stop as there is none and they are lying
    Paul Richardson - Shidoshi
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

6. Likes khameleon59 liked this post
    Likes (received)

Smile

Thank you .. I would like to also THANK the others who have sent me emails regarding my question.
    Just from the little bit of information I have come across about the school, it is a complete system and I am kind of sad that there arent any schools in NYC

Likes (received)

Hi

not sure where they are located in the USA but this is the USA webpage with contact information

http://www.tenshinsho-den-katori-shinto-ryu.org/
    Paul Richardson - Shidoshi
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

9. Likes khameleon59 liked this post
    Likes (received)

Remember that the katori shinto ryu contains information that are off interest for the ninja crowd. So it is not wrong or rare for such to referer to shintoryu teachings.
    Steffen Gjerding
    Kakudokan dojo

Yup, lousy english

11. Likes khameleon59 liked this post
    Likes (received)

Default TSKSR in New York state

I do know that TSKSR is taught in New York state. I do not believe there is any instruction in NYC. I do believe there are other options in koryu bugei in NYC.

Jeff
    Jeff Brown

Likes (received)

Default Great

Once more thank you my fellow BUYU for the support in helping to satisfy my curiosity. I will definitely continue to dive into this subject matter, who knows I just may find a school close enough to train in.

Likes (received)

I have since enrolled in a Shinkage Ryu. It was brief due to an injury (not through nor by their teaching). Then I went back to school. I shall return to train again after I graduate this summer. The Instructors are amazing. The instructors and students make you feel very much welcome and at home.

US Marobashikai Shinkageryu
    www.shinkageryu.us