Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fred Wainwright BJC

Likes (received)

Default Fred Wainwright BJC

Hello friends

I am looking for a picture of Fred Wainwright of the BJC, a friend of Ken Cottier who studied under Kenshiro Abbe in the 1950s/60s and taught Judo/Jujutsu/Aikido in Liverpool/Kirkby.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Simon
    Simon Keegan 4th Dan
    www.bushinkai.org.uk

Likes (received)

I have purposely registered on this forum to let you know that there is a picture of Fred Wainwright contained in a video slideshow that is on youtube which was uploaded by Henry Ellis. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFVHLSha5U4#t=86 is the video, but if you have youtube open, you can just search for wFVHLSha5U4 inside that (incase link is removed). At about the 9:59 - 10:00 minute mark you will find a picture of Fred Wainwright there along with Bill Reeve.

What made me really want to post and help was more that I was looking for photographs myself of my uncle fred.. yes the same fred wainwright now passed away sadly, so on my travels around the web looking for photo's myself, came across your post, so thought i'd help you too.

I have yet to ask in the family for photographs beyond my mother and father, but if i am fortunate enough to get more, particularly photo's of my uncles martial art years, then i will seek permission to pass them on first. He was one of my favourite uncles, and even shown me some of the arts which he practiced in my back garden back in the 80's (approx around then).

hope at least for now you can find the youtube picture of use, i'll try and reply again if i find anything else.

Regards...

Jason. (nephew of Fred Wainwright)