Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Salem Oregon Karate for kids

Likes (received)

Default Salem Oregon Karate for kids

Hi gang, I'm looking for a traditional Japanese karate dojo in Salem Oregon for my 7 year old son and his buddies. Nothing but Tiquando here, some of their web sites even list karate but when questioned its the other one.
    Desmond Harpster

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation. W.C.Fields

Man: is this gambling?
    WC: not the way I play it.

Likes (received)

Sounds like it may be ATA (American Taekwondo Association). It is the absolute worst of the McDojo. Run as fast as you can.

It is fairly difficult to find good traditional karate for young children, so good luck in your search. You may also want to broaden your search to include judo, as it teaches alot of good principles that kids can use later in whatever martial art they choose to follow.

Likes (received)

Thanks for the tip. Salem is limited. Just an hour up I-5 and I'm into Portland and area where there are lots of varied dojos. I did luck out and find a good Karate dojo in Salem. Steels Karate run by John Olivera. I will take my son and his buddy there next month.
    Desmond Harpster

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation. W.C.Fields

Man: is this gambling?
    WC: not the way I play it.