Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tsksr

Likes (received)

Default Tsksr

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience of Sensei Adam Wong based in Malaysia. He teaches TSKSR from Sensei Sugawara's lineage. Sorry I have no more info, his web site is down/gone. I ask, as I will be relocating to Malaysia this year and traditional Japanese Budo is extremely hard to find. If anyone knows of any schools based primarily in the KL area, if they could let me know, I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Sean Halpin

Likes (received)

Hi,

Absolutely no personal experience of him, however, is this not the same guy that was also teaching one or two of the Takamatsu-den arts (via the Ueno/Kaminaga Shigemi line)?

Regards,
    William
    William Derobec

Witch hunts often end with burnt fingers....

Likes (received)

Of course, while it's plainly not what you're after, there's Jak Othman's Silat school near by. Now if I was moving to Malaysia I think that Silat would be getting the greater part of my training time. A golden opportunity awaits...

There also appears to be a large Silambam following in Malaysia...

Anyway, Best Wishes in your search,
    William
    William Derobec

Likes (received)

Thanks for your response William,
    I have been studying Jujutsu and Mugai Ryu for 7 years now and I really don't want to stop, I enjoy these arts very much and they have become a big part of my life, I couldn't give them up. I will also be spending a lot of time in Sarawak and will probably spend a small amount of time doing some silat with some contacts I have out there, but just for fun. I am finding it very difficult to find any information on Adam Wong Sensei and his links to TSKSR. Also, if he is teaching Takamatsu den arts, I would have thought it would be difficult to also offer TSKSR, I am not sure the politics of that would be compatible(please correct me if I am wrong)
    Regards
    Sean Halpin

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shudo View Post
    Thanks for your response William,
    I have been studying Jujutsu and Mugai Ryu for 7 years now and I really don't want to stop, I enjoy these arts very much and they have become a big part of my life, I couldn't give them up. I will also be spending a lot of time in Sarawak and will probably spend a small amount of time doing some silat with some contacts I have out there, but just for fun. I am finding it very difficult to find any information on Adam Wong Sensei and his links to TSKSR. Also, if he is teaching Takamatsu den arts, I would have thought it would be difficult to also offer TSKSR, I am not sure the politics of that would be compatible(please correct me if I am wrong)
    Regards
    Sean Halpin
    Hi Sean,

I don't have the inside knowledge to comment on the political aspects (although there are plenty of guy's who seem to know all about these things). I'm only going by memory but it may be worth you scouring Youtube to try and find some links as I'm sure he had a few videos on there, he's also connected/has been connected to a school in New Zealand.

All the Best,
    William
    William Derobec

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by derobec View Post
    Hi Sean,

I don't have the inside knowledge to comment on the political aspects (although there are plenty of guy's who seem to know all about these things). I'm only going by memory but it may be worth you scouring Youtube to try and find some links as I'm sure he had a few videos on there, he's also connected/has been connected to a school in New Zealand.

All the Best,
    William
    Thanks again William,
    Someone has kindly pmed me a link to Adam Wongs group.
    http://web.mac.com/sogobudokan/SOGO_BUDOKAN/Home.html
    It appears he is offering training in numerous sytems. He also looks very young, compared to teachers I have trained with, probably me getting older!
    Regards
    Sean.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shudo View Post
    Thanks again William,
    Someone has kindly pmed me a link to Adam Wongs group.
    http://web.mac.com/sogobudokan/SOGO_BUDOKAN/Home.html
    It appears he is offering training in numerous sytems. He also looks very young, compared to teachers I have trained with, probably me getting older!
    Regards
    Sean.
    Hi Sean
    Although we are taught to respect age, that should not be a deterrent. If he is training under Sugawara sensei, then he is the real deal. If he has permission to teach then all the more so...I would recommend that you visit the dojo with an open mind and see for yourself. With your prior training, I am sure you will be able to identify if they are competent...
    Have fun.
    Best
    Tom