Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sad News - The Passing of Masayuki Shimabukuro Hanshi

Likes (received)

Default Sad News - The Passing of Masayuki Shimabukuro Hanshi

Dear friends and fellow martial artists,

It is with much regret that I extend to you all the tragic news of the passing of our honorable teacher Masayuki Shimabukuro, Hanshi. He was the 21st-generation master of the Masaoka line of Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaido and a founding member of the North American Japan Masters Association. Our mentor and teacher transitioned from his life here with us on September 7, 2012, following a prolonged battle for his good health. The news of his passing will have a profound effect throughout the budo world, but even more so in the world of his family members and friends.

The immediate family will conduct services with appropriate ceremony for a man of such inspiration and humility. On behalf of the Shimabukuro family and JKI/KNBK members around the world, we would like to express our gratitude to our budo colleagues who sent their condolences. We know how much our teacher has touched our lives, and we understand the impact he has had on all those who were in his life.

Mr. Shimabukuro’s eyes were always the brightest when he was in the company of his budo family and colleagues. Our hearts will carry on his
    spirit for as long as we maintain his sincerity within our lives. He touched us all.

May each of us find peace and solace in his words and teachings. I wish you each a quiet moment of reflection and communion with your memories of a great man and all that he has bequeathed to you during his exceptional lifetime.

With bowed head and heavy heart,

Carl Long
    Kokusai Nippon Budo Kai/JKI

Likes (received)

I was terribly sorry to hear this Erik. My heart goes out to his family, his students, and to all of us in the greater budo community that will miss him sorely.
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

Likes (received)

Wanted to add my condonlances and wish his family and friends well as they honor him.His spirit lives on in the people he has touched with his presence and those that he has taught w/ in the martial art community. As long as the memory of those who have gone before is us is kept bright in our hearts and minds, they live on w/ in us!!!! Rip.
    Jeff Collier

Likes (received)

Default Passing of Shimabukuro Hanshi

My sincere condolences to his family, students, and friends. He will be truly missed.

Likes (received)

An incredibly giving teacher, who recognized and nurtured talent. I'll always remember him as being absolutely enthusiastic when given good and interested students, with depth and breadth of knowledge I doubt I'll see again soon. Very missed, very loved.
    Richard Berman
    Hakkoryu Jujutsu & Koho Shiatsu Igaku
    Shihan #3362, Hakkoryu International
    www.hakkoryu.com