Hello everyone,

I am new to E-Budo, please excuse my romanji if not accurate. I am still trying to learn as I have been trying to learn a great deal since I first started training with Phil Sensei in Yagyu Shingan Ryu Heihojutsu.

Yagyu Shingan Ryu is the first Koryu that I have come into contact with and wish that I had discovered it earlier. At 40 years of age I have a lot of catching up to do. (I am also not as flexible as I once was lol) I have studied various other martial arts over the years such as Taekwondo, Zen Do Kai Karate, Arnis and a little Kung Fu. But none have captured my attention so quickly and intensely as Yagyu Shingan Ryu.

I have been lurking on the forum for a number of weeks reading various threads submitted by so many knowledgeable people. My main interests on the forums so far have been reading up on topics related to meditation (Zazen) and Katsu.

As a little background information, I am 40 years old. I am a paramedic in rural New South Wales, Australia. I am eager to learn to speak and read Japanese. I look forward to my long apprenticeship in Yagyu Shingan Ryu not just in the martial techniques but in the philosophical and healing techniques that will be learnt along my journey.

I look forward to participating in discussions, but at this stage I am not sure that I would have much to offer in regards to opinions.

Arigatou Gozaimasu,
Luis Luzuriaga

PS Does anyone know if Daniel Lee is still active or know Daniel Lee personally? I read a thread of his looking to sell a couple of book but I have not recieved a reply from a private message I sent him.