Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Future Of E-budo.com

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken-Hawaii View Post
    Hi, Chris:

Your offer is by far the most generous I've received to date. I'm fairly sure that I can garner funds from a few more forumites so that you won't have to shell out $250, but it's nice to know there's someone else who considers e-Budo as very valuable.

Bill at Orionweb just sent me a note that we can drop to $15 a month for ongoing hosting, & that seems reasonable to me. I plan to collect checks & PayPal payments from users, & to then send him a check - that way I know that I have something in writing should we encounter future problems. But Bill really does want to keep the site up & running, & has offered to keep it up & running while I pull things together, so I'm sure he'll work with us.

Mahalo! (Thanks!)

Ken
    This is very good to hear. I, too, am willing to contribute financially, but I live in Japan. The country has a superlative system for transferring funds from account to account within Japan, but the system for transferring funds overseas is prehistoric and extremely costly. A good alternative is PayPal. Are you set up to receive PayPal payments?
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan

Likes (received)

Thank you for bringing this up.

Directed at the OP:

Rather than a PM, is there something you can/feel comfortable posting in the way of an address? Or should all folks interested that don't do PayPay send an e-mail request to XXX to facilitate an alternative method to donate?

Quote Originally Posted by cxt View Post
    Ken

Don't mean to jump the gun.

But when you get a chance, please PM here, the address I can mail/Fed Ex my share of the E-Budo fund.

Happy to help.

And thank you and and everyone else for getting things started.
    'Leaves fall.'

Hello all,

With the right discussions I would be willing to fund the entire project. Of course I have various questions about the site, support and the hosting. Over the years I have been merely a visitor with involvement within public and private forums however some of you have been a bit more involved.

I can be reached at dojocho at yoshindojo dot com.

Regards,

Todd Schweinhart

WWW.YOSHINDOJO.COM

Likes (received)

I am trying to contact John. I believe he is on a business trip.
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

I'll pitch in what I can, if someone provides an address and name to write out a check to. I don't have the resources some of you have, but it doesn't mean I don't value the site or database as much as the rest of you do.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

As noted before, I'm willing to pitch in. It's actually very exciting to see so many people stepping forward-- the forum isn't quite as dead as we feared
    David Sims

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - Terry Pratchet

My opinion is, in all likelihood, worth exactly what you are paying for it.

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

Wow! I am very pleased that so many of you are ready & willing to contribute to keep e-Budo alive & well.

On the financial side, I am set up to receive PayPal payments at paypal@catii.com. For those who would rather send a check, my company's post office box is: Computer-Aided Technologies International, Inc., Post Office Box 260, Kaneohe, HI, USA 96744-0260, & I guess the checks should be made out to me, Ken Goldstein. Please be sure to designate that you are contributing to the e-Budo fund, & if I can find a way to either get you a refund or get all donations as tax-qualified, I can then easily figure out who donated what.

Doug & Toby, thanks for John's Facebook info, but I have never bothered with social media sites because my computer consulting company is already too darn busy. And as John has never bothered to respond to multiple voice-mails & e-mails to his business & home, I rather doubt that he'd be any more likely to respond via Facebook.

Ken
    Ken Goldstein
    --------------------------------
    Judo Kodansha/MJER Iaido Kodansha/Jodo Oku-iri
    Fencing Master/NRA Instructor

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it'll annoy enough people to be worth the effort."

Hello again everyone,

Great to see the interest from everyone! I see Mr. George Kohler has responded to this thread. I would give it some time before making donations and such as I know George and John are old friends. I will also attempt to contact Mr. Lindsey via Facebook as he has made some recent posts.

Best,

Todd Schweinhart

WWW.YOSHINDOJO.COM

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

That is fine, Todd, but please be aware that Orionweb is working with me to keep e-Budo up & running, & they won't do that indefinitely unless they can get paid their $600 arrears. Once we've taken care of that, things will smooth out for awhile.

John made it abundantly clear to Bill at Orionweb that he really doesn't care whether the site stays available, but as many of us find e-Budo to be an excellent source of information, I think it's wise to pay for what is owed as a minimum.

Ken
    Ken Goldstein

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it'll annoy enough people to be worth the effort."

Likes (received)

I for one will be happy to throw a few bucks in to keep E-budo up and running. As many others have stated it is a valuable resource. I know some forums have special VIP memberships where you get some extra features in your profile. I would be happy to fork over some cash for that too.
    Christopher Covington

Daito-ryu aikijujutsu
    Kashima Shinden Jikishinkage-ryu heiho

All views expressed here are my own and don't necessarily represent the views of the arts I practice, the teachers and people I train with or any dojo I train in.

Likes (received)

That is fine, Todd, but please be aware that Orionweb is working with me to keep e-Budo up & running, & they won't do that indefinitely unless they can get paid their $600 arrears. Once we've taken care of that, things will smooth out for awhile.

John made it abundantly clear to Bill at Orionweb that he really doesn't care whether the site stays available, but as many of us find e-Budo to be an excellent source of information, I think it's wise to pay for what is owed as a minimum.

Ken
    I, for one, while I can understand everyone's enthusiasm, would not be willing to contribute until John is heard from, and would recommend against anyone doing anything else but the same.
    Aaron J. Cuffee

As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    - H.L. Mencken

Likes (received)

I agree that, as John is still the owner, we really need his input and approval before proceeding with any action. There may be copyright issues involved, as well. Let's take things in proper order and with the necessary protocol.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

As Bill at Orionweb has tried to contact John for well over a year, how long should we wait before acting? I think we probably have a week or two before Bill decides to take the Web-site down permanently, but certainly no longer than a month.

Remember that we are not claiming any type of ownership of the site's data, but are rather keeping access to those data available.

Ken
    Ken Goldstein

Likes (received)

As Bill at Orionweb has tried to contact John for well over a year, how long should we wait before acting? I think we probably have a week or two before Bill decides to take the Web-site down permanently, but certainly no longer than a month.

Remember that we are not claiming any type of ownership of the site's data, but are rather keeping access to those data available.

Ken
    I'd suggest, then, using what time is available to copy and move what one considers important, until John is contacted, or the site is taken down....
    Aaron J. Cuffee

As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    - H.L. Mencken

Likes (received)

I cannot see John having any possible objection to us gathering and paying the $600 that is in arrears to keep the site up while decisions are made as to what to do with it. I do agree that any decisions on the site have to be made with John's full knowledge and cooperation, since it is his site.

Ken, I suggest that you sort the emails you got when you asked folks for their support, determine how much you need from the respondents to cover the money that is in arrears, plus the next month or two hosting fee, then emailing everyone how much you want them to send (either paypal or check).

This way we can keep the site up while George tracks down John and discusses what to do with the site.

Just my thoughts on it.
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast