Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Passing of Pat Nakata

Likes (received)

Default Passing of Pat Nakata

A bit late but I wanted to post the passing of Pat Nakata.
    Student of Chibana Chosin and Fumio Nagaishi on Feb 7, 2013.

An inteview conducted with Nakata Sensei about his training with Chibana Sensei conducted in 2010 can be found here
    Joe Stitz

"Black belt and white belt are the same, white belt is the beginning of technique. Black belt is the beginning of understanding. Both are beginner belts."
    - Doug Perry -Hanshi, KuDan -Shorin Ryu ShorinKan

Likes (received)

RIP Nakata Sensei,

My thoughts to his family and students.

He was one of the Sensei I so wanted to meet and talk with.
    Rgds,

Jim Neeter
    Shorin Ryu Seito Matsumura Karate and Kobudo UK
    www.shoshinkanuk.org

Likes (received)

May he Rest In Peace
    Hieroteo Villarosa V

Likes (received)

Default Student of Nakata Sensei

Quote Originally Posted by shoshinkan View Post
    RIP Nakata Sensei,

My thoughts to his family and students.

He was one of the Sensei I so wanted to meet and talk with.
    I am humbled to have been his student for my whole life. He was a Sensei to meet humble, powerful waza, awesome kata. He cared for his students, and it was like a dream to have trained under him. Thank you for the kind words, he was a blessing.

My name is Damian Perea student of Nakata Sensei

Likes (received)

Default Thoughts about my Sensei Patrick Nakata

Quote Originally Posted by JS3 View Post
    A bit late but I wanted to post the passing of Pat Nakata.
    Student of Chibana Chosin and Fumio Nagaishi on Feb 7, 2013.

An inteview conducted with Nakata Sensei about his training with Chibana Sensei conducted in 2010 can be found here
    Thank you for posting the interview. He was a karateka and Sensei that focused so much on the empirical it is nice to hear others repeat the words he said. His empirical teaching method was great to stand behind him and watch him do the movements of the kata it taught so very much. Karate was all about training kata pure and dedicated to kata that was my Sensei Pat Nakata. I will start adding things he said to me and notes he gave me. I remember one time we were training in Santa Barbara and I asked him a question about a kata. He had already graciously answered several of my questions. He answered this question with "I don't want to make kata to easy on you guys, I want you to search for yourself." He so respected kata that he never wanted us to take it for granted he wanted us to continue on a daily journey in kata and continue to refine and learn kata over a lifetime. Doing away with his belt system was just another way he kept his karate pure and dynamically powerful. Sensei was as real as they come, the real article, a karateka with such a rich heritage in karate he was a link to the masters of old especially Chosin Chibana. Dynamic and relaxed what a combination he was a great Sensei.

Again thank you the time was to short that he was in my life even though I started training with him since the age of thirteen and now I am forty four. I miss my friend and Sensei, I really miss him, I miss calling him on the phone and hearing his strong and comforting voice.

Damian Perea
    Last edited by Damian Perea; 11th July 2014 at 00:32. Reason: to put my full name sorry I forgot the first time

6. Likes Tripitaka of AA liked this post