Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Change Of Ownership Of E-budo.com

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Change Of Ownership Of E-budo.com

Aloha, all:

I've been in communication with John Lindsey, e-Budo's current owner, & he has agreed to sell all rights & contents of the Web-site to a small group of us members. That will leave John time to do the things that are important to him, while giving us the opportunity to both maintain the site & make any modifications we want.

I would appreciate input from those of you who are interested in seeing e-Budo move in other directions, get updated, &/or changed in some other way. Feel free to post your comments here, or e-mail me directly at e-budo@catii.com. I especially need to hear from current moderators, as we plan to systematize who can make changes to the Web-site.

Thanks!

Ken
    Ken Goldstein
    --------------------------------
    Judo Kodansha/MJER Iaido Kodansha/Jodo Oku-iri
    Fencing Master/NRA Instructor

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it'll annoy enough people to be worth the effort."

Likes (received)

Hey, good job Ken! Glad to see this issue finally resolved. Why don't you start something in the admin forum once you get the login authority.

Thanks for your hard work in preserving this forum (I've been going nuts organizing the koryu forum all day today).

Regards,
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Likes (received)

Great news.
    Thank you, Ken.
    Doug Walker
    Completely cut off both heads,
    Let a single sword stand against the cold sky!

Likes (received)

Thank you Ken!

Wonderful news!
    Michael Reinhardt

Likes (received)

Ken, Please let me know what I can do to help as a moderator

Thanks for keeping e-budo up and running!

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Neil, do you have a list of moderators? We really need to bring things up to date, & until I got involved with saving e-Budo, I was just another user. So I don't have a clue as to who has access to what. Thanks!

Ken
    Ken Goldstein
    --------------------------------
    Judo Kodansha/MJER Iaido Kodansha/Jodo Oku-iri
    Fencing Master/NRA Instructor

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it'll annoy enough people to be worth the effort."

Likes (received)

Hey Ken,

I don't have a list of moderators, but once you get the login information for the vbulletin admin panel you should be able to see who has permissions and make changes. Once you're in there, give yourself (or whoever) full permissions, then visit us in the e-budo admin forum (cloaked to regular members) and we can coordinate your game plan there.

As far as moderators, some forums don't have any, and some moderators have been inactive for a long time. It's probably a good idea to do a roll-call in the admin forum then go for there.

Regards,
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken-Hawaii View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Neil, do you have a list of moderators? We really need to bring things up to date, & until I got involved with saving e-Budo, I was just another user. So I don't have a clue as to who has access to what. Thanks!

Ken
    Finally had time to reply to the email.
    When it comes to moderators the easiest way is to look here: http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showgroups.php
    If one click on each user name one will see their profile that also list last activity.

Right now that list also shows banned users, I soon will fix that so they won't be listed there.

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    www.shorinjikempo.net - www.shorinjikempo.se
    半ばは自己の幸せを、半ばは他人の幸せを - 宗 道臣
    "Nakaba wa jiko no shiawase wo, nakaba wa hito no shiawase wo" - So Doshin

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Anders Pettersson View Post
    Right now that list also shows banned users, I soon will fix that so they won't be listed there.
    Now I have fixed that the page only shows admin and moderators.
    Anders Pettersson
    www.shorinjikempo.net - www.shorinjikempo.se
    半ばは自己の幸せを、半ばは他人の幸せを - 宗 道臣
    "Nakaba wa jiko no shiawase wo, nakaba wa hito no shiawase wo" - So Doshin

Likes (received)

I am still here as well. Don't mind moderating the same section.
    Prince Loeffler
    Shugyokan Dojo

Likes (received)

Ken

Please let me know if I can be of any help!

Any way we can send a mass-email to the folks that have not posted in some time--just to let then know?
    Chris Thomas

"While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

"Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

We're working on an e-mail blast to active members, Chris, as well as some other new ideas to entice more folks to visit. We'll be posting some polls to see what members think of certain ideas, too.

Ken

Likes (received)

Ken

Don't know what direction you folks might be wanting to go--and this might be too much too soon. But in terms of adding content/viewership etc.

Wayne Muromoto published a magazine called Furyu The Budo Journal back in the mid 90's. Excellent read IMO.

Don't know where you and he are located--but perhaps some electronic re-prints of the articles might be possible.

There seems to be a issue with viewership on most MA related sites these days--perhaps someone might contact the folks at Koryu.com and see if there might be a way for some cooperation.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help--bearing in mind my limited skill-sets with the computer.
    Chris Thomas

"While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

"Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

Your timing is pretty good, Chris. Meik Skoss of Koryu.com has just agreed to serve as a moderator of all kobudo, although not exclusively. He's definitely on our short-list to ask for suggestions on improving e-Budo.

If we can get by the copyright issues, publishing reprints is a good idea. I think having them as part of a library of articles might bring in a lot more viewers. Thanks for the suggestions.

Ken

Likes (received)

Wayne Muromoto continues writing a very entertaining and informative blog here ... The Classic Budoka

I think that we should start a thread soliciting ideas from the currently active members about how to liven the place back up a bit.
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast