Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Issues with Upgraded Forum ...

Likes (received)

Default Issues with Upgraded Forum ...

Hey y'all,
    This thread is for posting any issues found with the new forum upgrade. They may or may not be problems that get fixed, but our administrator should be aware of any issues found. Please post what operating system and internet tool you were using when encountering the problem.

I'll start. I am using IE8 and Windows 7 ...

1) From the introduction page, clicking on "go to forum" opens a new window instead of opening in the same window.

2) When posting a reply, it asks if you wish to navigate away from the page, and changes made in the editor will be lost. If you click on yes, it posts what you wrote anyway.
    Last edited by pgsmith; 2nd August 2013 at 16:58.
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

Likes (received)

Emoticons aren't showing up for me, in this new version.
    Also am getting the "Confirm Navigation" window issue when I click to post, as Paul noted.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by pgsmith View Post
    Hey y'all,
    This thread is for posting any issues found with the new forum upgrade. They may or may not be problems that get fixed, but our administrator should be aware of any issues found. Please post what operating system and internet tool you were using when encountering the problem.

I'll start. I am using IE8 and Windows 7 ...

1) From the introduction page, clicking on "go to forum" opens a new window instead of opening in the same window.

2) When posting a reply, it asks if you wish to navigate away from the page, and changes made in the editor will be lost. If you click on yes, it posts what you wrote anyway.
    I will look into these things as soon as I can, have a few other things on the to do list as well, took a bit longer time last night than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Cady Goldfield View Post
    Emoticons aren't showing up for me, in this new version.
    Also am getting the "Confirm Navigation" window issue when I click to post, as Paul noted.
    That is because I haven't had the time to move some of these images to their new location, already on my to do list.

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    www.shorinjikempo.net - www.shorinjikempo.se
    半ばは自己の幸せを、半ばは他人の幸せを - 宗 道臣
    "Nakaba wa jiko no shiawase wo, nakaba wa hito no shiawase wo" - So Doshin

Likes (received)

No worries Anders. I think you've been doing a super job and e-budo should double your pay! (especially since you aren't getting paid!)

Just wanted to have somewhere central to put down anything that came up.
    Paul Smith

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by pgsmith View Post
    No worries Anders. I think you've been doing a super job and e-budo should double your pay! (especially since you aren't getting paid!)

Just wanted to have somewhere central to put down anything that came up.
    Thanks.

The thing with the message when posting (are you sure you want to leave the page) seems to be a bug, it has been discussed over at vbulletin.com
    I think I have found a fix, it seems to work for me anyway. You might also need to empty the browser cache.

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    www.shorinjikempo.net - www.shorinjikempo.se
    半ばは自己の幸せを、半ばは他人の幸せを - 宗 道臣
    "Nakaba wa jiko no shiawase wo, nakaba wa hito no shiawase wo" - So Doshin

Likes (received)

The message when posting seems to be fixed for me also Anders.

Thanks!
    Paul Smith