Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Sensei, School or Training Partner

Likes (received)

Default Looking for Sensei, School or Training Partner

Looking for Sensei to train with or small school that is not sport and trophy motivated.

Looking to train in a system that is Ryukyu Shorinji or Ryukyu Kempo based

Examples:

Kyan>Nakamura>Kise Shorinji

Oyata RyuTe

Please email me your system and background. I will tell you more about me, my rank time studied and who studied with outside of the internet. I have a reason for not putting it out here and will explain in full when we speak.

I am dying to train and am a good deshi. Maybe you are in the same spot I am and we can train and teach each other. I have much to share with the right person.

Live in the ATL.

Likes (received)

40 plus views and nothing? Am I destined to train alone?

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Damai Bushi View Post
    40 plus views and nothing? Am I destined to train alone?
    So far 13 members have seen your post, including yourself. All other views are from "guests" which very often also is search engines like Google.
    Many of the members that have read your posts also live on the other side of the world from you as well as many of them practice totally different budo (not Ryukyu based as you asked for), so I think you would have to be a bit more patient.

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    www.shorinjikempo.net - www.shorinjikempo.se
    半ばは自己の幸せを、半ばは他人の幸せを - 宗 道臣
    "Nakaba wa jiko no shiawase wo, nakaba wa hito no shiawase wo" - So Doshin

Likes (received)

Fair enough. I am not a regular to these boards. Just moved to a new city and trying to find a good situation. Thank you for the input.

Likes (received)

Not sure how close you are to Shorinken Martial Arts, 404 Northside Drive STE D
    Valdosta, GA 31602-1800, but while not a purely Okinawan-based school they offer good quality training.

Likes (received)

Thanks for the reply Geoff - That is about a 4 hour drive for me.

Likes (received)

There are a sub-branch of Shorinji kempo in Fayetteville/Peachtree city area. Address is 1980 Highway 54, Suite B,
    Fayetteville GA 30214. If you are interested contact with sensei David at David@toone.org.
    Thanks,
    Said Chambuso,
    Shorinji Kempo,
    Atlanta Sub-Branch.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chambuso View Post
    There are a sub-branch of Shorinji kempo in Fayetteville/Peachtree city area. Address is 1980 Highway 54, Suite B,
    Fayetteville GA 30214. If you are interested contact with sensei David at David@toone.org.
    Thanks,
    Hi Said.
    Although I am the first to be happy that you promote Shorinji Kempo branches, it is not really what the original poster is looking for.
    Other than some similarities in the name there isn't much relationship between Shorinji Kempo and arts "that is Ryukyu Shorinji or Ryukyu Kempo based".

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    www.shorinjikempo.net - www.shorinjikempo.se
    半ばは自己の幸せを、半ばは他人の幸せを - 宗 道臣
    "Nakaba wa jiko no shiawase wo, nakaba wa hito no shiawase wo" - So Doshin

Likes (received)

Ok lets just chalk this up to me having a bad day--but this is the kind of thing that is starting to irk me.

"Damai Bushi" shows up and ask for information about a place to train--then he belly-aches when people don't fall all over themselves and drop everything they are doing to rush him the information he asks for.

Then when he gets some info--he vanishes without so much as a decent "thank you" to the folks he asked for help. Much less stick around and let us know how things went/are going.

And lets forget about him making any attempt to contribute to the site/people he asked for help--not talking about $$$ here--but his input about what he knows etc.

Not talking about NOT helping people--people ask for help and you know the answer then I say help out.

I'm just having trouble getting my mind around the attitude/mindset of treating other human beings as if they some sort of Wikipedia page whose only function is to wait breathlessly for them to drop by and ask a question--then they better answer me quick!!!!!!
    And once I get my answer I don't give them so much as a decent "thank you"--much less actually taking part in the site.

Like I said--probably just having a bad day. Sorry.
    Chris Thomas

"While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

"Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.

10. Likes Tripitaka of AA, pgsmith liked this post
    Likes (received)

Rant well said.

Mind you... I went on a forum trying to get help with my PC once and as no-one answered me within an hour I went and had a sulk with my old steam-powered television instead and discovered that there is a whole world out there that has absolutely nothing to do with my internet connection. Who knew?

Maybe I should check back with that forum. SOmeone might have answered by now... it was about three years ago ops
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

Likes (received)

Default And You Wonder Why

Quote Originally Posted by cxt View Post
    Ok lets just chalk this up to me having a bad day--but this is the kind of thing that is starting to irk me.

"Damai Bushi" shows up and ask for information about a place to train--then he belly-aches when people don't fall all over themselves and drop everything they are doing to rush him the information he asks for.

Then when he gets some info--he vanishes without so much as a decent "thank you" to the folks he asked for help. Much less stick around and let us know how things went/are going.

And lets forget about him making any attempt to contribute to the site/people he asked for help--not talking about $$$ here--but his input about what he knows etc.

Not talking about NOT helping people--people ask for help and you know the answer then I say help out.

I'm just having trouble getting my mind around the attitude/mindset of treating other human beings as if they some sort of Wikipedia page whose only function is to wait breathlessly for them to drop by and ask a question--then they better answer me quick!!!!!!
    And once I get my answer I don't give them so much as a decent "thank you"--much less actually taking part in the site.

Like I said--probably just having a bad day. Sorry.

Hey Dude,

Thanks for stopping by and adding your two cents worth. I guess the first thing I have to do is bow down, kiss your ass and have a gracious thank you following right behind it.

Next in line would be to address your asinine rant. Why exactly did you feel the need to spout off as you did? Are you the official forum Nazi that is charged with keeping everyone in line? When you wonder why my activity here is limited please look no further than your very post that was unasked for and uncalled for. There are way to many of the likes of you on these boards that takes all the fun out of it. Im getting lectured for simply not meeting your views and expectations. What else am I in for when posting anywhere else with an opinion of a subject.

As far as complaining? Where is this found. I had never been here before and simply wondered why so many views and no responses. Question was answered and that's the last I mentioned it. As well, watch this, I thanked him for the input.

Gratitude? Well Dude, I thanked several for their input. Some of them are right before your very eyes if you would open them farther than you open your mouth. Others sent private messages that I promptly thanked for having taken the time to do so, you would not be privy to these conversations. I certainly do not need in any way shape or form share them with you or any one else.

In regards to adding to the forum; what do you call what you have done? Is this your contribution to the site? Running around bitching about who does what?

As well Dude, I have a life. I spend more time training then running around the internet looking for people and places to impress. I was simply trying to meet same like minded people in my area. This seems to be a more Japanese minded venue. Didn't find what I was looking for.

Lastly, I found what I was looking for and requested my account be deleted as I had no use for what was going on here. People arguing about who's stuff is better or who knows more is not what I need to spend time on. I have not heard from anyone about deleting this account and had not much reason to come back. I certainly did not get a welcome aboard please come share your knowledge over at the xyz section, we'd love to hear from you. I looked through some of the threads and just didn't see anything that I wanted to put time into. I saw nothing when joining that stated I must have a post a day to keep you away.

I happened to check my email and saw a notification of your "Bad Day" and decided to make sure you got a reply lest your bad day would continue further and I just could not go one minute further in my life without making sure you were noticed and reply'd too.

So, in closing. Thank you sir for noticing me. Thank you for setting me straight. Thank you for being a much better human being than me and trying to shove me in the right direction. Thank you for confirming my thoughts that I wouldn't enjoy my time or conversations here because there are too many people like you running around these forums that make it un-enjoyable.

My only advise to you is this; the next time you are connected to the internet and feel you are having a bad day......disconnect and go play in a sandbox. The company you find will be a tad closer to your intellectual level.

Likes (received)

Default Thank you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chambuso View Post
    Thanks,

Thank you for the reply. This is not the type of school or training I am looking for. I do appreciate you taking the time to send me some information. However, I am within driving distance and may stop by the dojo one day just to meet some people.

Likes (received)

Thank you Anders for the clarification.

Likes (received)

Just so I can appease the Thread Police let me say for the record:

Thank you for the response's both on the thread and via private messages. It has now had about 400 views. I have not found the answer here I was looking for. Sorry for not coming more often and checking in as quick as I can. I have a life outside of the internet and spend very little time on forums. Why? Look no further than Dude above who feels the need to chastise people if they don't meet his criteria.

Why would I want to come back for that? I had an account here some time ago and saw what goes on. If there is some rule about logging in to ask a question but have not much other intent, then maybe in bold letters this should be listed as unwelcome when someone signs up.

If the powers that be feel I am not contributing enough to the site, you have my permission to delete my account.

Otherwise I will come and go as time and desire permit. I certainly will not apologize for that. If you don't like it, then in the words of a once great comedian I would only say

"Well excuuuussseeee Meee!!"

Likes (received)

Thank you Bob. It was entertaining.
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast