Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Has ANYONE ever heard of.......

Shiga Guest

Question

GREETINGS FELLOW BUDOKA

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of or experienced the art know as TAI KI KEN?
    I believe it is a Japanese "form" or dirivitive of Hsing-I Chuan.
    I have heard that it does not include the 5 Element Fists of Hsing-I Chuan, the animal forms, the linking forms or anyother forms at all.
    There is some info on the web but I was more interested to know if any of my fellow E-Budo-ites have experienced this art.
    I look foward to the replies.

Jesse Duran

By the way: Brian Tritico of the Bellaire Bujinkan Dojo gave an EXCELLENT hanbo seminar lastnite---I really , REALLY enjoyed it. If anyone else was there please shoot me a private e-mail and lets talk about it!

Likes (received)

The book you're looking for is Kenichi Sawai, "Taiki-ken: The Essence of Kung-fu" (Tokyo: Japan Publications Inc., 1976), ISBN 0-87040-373-7. The system is based on Wang Hsiang-ch'i's hsingi, infused with standing Zen. "There are no fixed forms in Taiki-ken... One of the important parts in Taiki-ken training is the disassociation of the body parts..." Rose Li reportedly thought well of the style; see the interview with Robert W. Smith in the latest JAsianMA.

Yamantaka Guest

Cool Taiki Ken???

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shiga
    [B]GREETINGS FELLOW BUDOKA

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of or experienced the art know as TAI KI KEN?
    Jesse Duran

YAMANTAKA : You'll get all the information you want in :
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...=Google+Search
    Good hunting

Shiga Guest

Greetings,

Actually I was interested in hearing about anyones personal experiences or impressions----I have checked out most of the stuff on the inter-net already.
    I used to train in Hsing-I during a time that I was not training at a Bujinkan dojo and was training on my own---so I am interested to hear what this TaiKiKen is like from someone on E-Budo who has experienced it.
    But, thanks for the link anyway.

Jesse Duran

Likes (received)

Question Taikiken?

Isn't taikiken just the Japanese pronunciation of taichichuan?
    Kent Enfield
    Kentokuseisei

Kit LeBlanc Guest

Default Taikiken

Taikiken, as promulgated by Kenichi Sawai and now his students, is akin to Yi Quan (I chuan), also known as Dachengquan, which was founded from Xing Yi roots by Wang Xiangzhai. Sawai was a student of Wang Xiangzhai's and he passed on his own version of Yi Quan as Taikiken.

The Japanese reading of the Chinese Taijiquan (t'aichi chuan) is Tai Kyoku Ken. It means "Supreme Ultimate Fist (style)." Taikiken is written with the kanji for "Supreme Ki (or qi/ch'i) Fist(style)."

Search the web with Xing Yi, Yi Quan, Dachengquan, Wang Xiangzhai and you will find out all you need to know.

Kit LeBlanc