Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Dojo - Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Likes (received)

Default Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Dojo - Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Peaceful Warrior Martial Arts and Healing Center (Facebook) provides training in Shorin-Ryu karate and kobudo (traditional Okinawan weapons) from the Shorinkan system, as well as eclectic grappling methods. In addition, Peaceful Warrior Martial Arts and Healing Center has partnered with a world renowned psychologist to develop a special program for children with ADD/ADHD, which they have named the ME (Martial/Mental Enrichment) Program. Health and wellness programs, such as massage and yoga, are also provided.

Sensei Richard Poage is the Chief Instructor and co-owner of Peaceful Warrior Martial Arts and Healing Center. He has been training in martial arts his entire life since the age of 3, and currently holds the rank of Yondan (4th Degree Black Belt) in Shorin-Ryu, as well as holding black belt ranks in kobudo, Shorei-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, and RyuTe (Ryukyu Kempo). Sensei Poage's approach to karate is embodied by an Okinawan proverb (On-Ko-Chi-Shin), which means "learn the old to understand the new." He teaches traditional karate with a modern approach to practicality that brings the art back to its roots in realistic, effective civilian self defense, while also developing discipline and self-confidence.

Likes (received)

Default Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Dojo - Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Hello Everyone,
    Last year i came to Scottsdale. Can anyone tell me the good judo club for my son.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by jphonixe View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    Last year i came to Scottsdale. Can anyone tell me the good judo club for my son.
    I'm afraid the only judo clubs I know of and would recommend in the Valley are down in Mesa--Southwest Judo and HEART Judo.

349 Malvar Street, Dipolog City,7100, ZN, Philippines
    Likes (received)

We love Shorin ryu Okinawan Karatedo.