Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Is there any thing Wrong with my style.

Likes (received)

Default Is there any thing Wrong with my style.

You see I am doing Ninjisu with a Wakizashi and using stealth with Kenjutsu with short arm strikes as a style. Has any one done this??

Likes (received)

Do I understand this correctly; You have created a style, that uses principles and tools as you described.

Do you "teach" this style, or is it a form of practice for your own self-improvement? Did you learn these techniques from an instructor, or some other indirect source?

Are you asking the forum members to evaluate your menu of ingredients? If no-one else has heard of a similar combination, do you plan to give it a name and seek to claim copyright?
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

Likes (received)

Default Style

It is for my self. I don't claim copyright. I want to make it into a style if I can make it work. Any input will help Thanks

Sam Dunst

Likes (received)

Are you saying you want to blend some ingredients into a style, that you can practice? What is the long-term purpose of the style? Do you hope to use it for maintaining flexibility in the joints and cardio-vascular fitness? Is this intended to be a life-saving self-defence regime that will protect you from katana-wielding hollywood bad guys? Are you following some theory that says every "martial artist" must develop his own style to become a true warrior?

This sounds like you are about to embark on a solitary journey into the uncharted wilderness of self-discovery, facing hardships and experiencing challenges that will help to forge an indomitable spirit. With this, you will be able to overcome anything that life throws at you. I hope you know how to play a bamboo flute.
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

5. Likes pgsmith liked this post
    Likes (received)

When you say "make it work" what is your criteria for making it work? What is the end goal? What is your background in kenjutsu? The study of swordsmanship is already anachronistic in today's society so creating your own style seems like a bit of a stretch in practicality and design. Good luck in your quest though.

Chris
    Christopher Covington

Daito-ryu aikijujutsu
    Kashima Shinden Jikishinkage-ryu heiho

All views expressed here are my own and don't necessarily represent the views of the arts I practice, the teachers and people I train with or any dojo I train in.