Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The right of businesses to disallow firearms

Likes (received)

Interesting, thanks Aaron.
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Likes (received)

BTW, just came across this article about the NFL banning off-duty officers from bringing firearms to their events. Interestingly, there are law suits pending:

http://pubsecalliance.com/nfl-says-n...off-duty-cops/

FYI,
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hissho View Post
    As Brian has stated, open carry is lawful in Washington. and we encounter it from time to time. Unfortunately some people choosing to do so are more interested in the political statement than they are in simply exercising that right in a common sense way. All told I'd rather KNOW the guy I am dealing with is carrying a gun and where it is than not.

Yes, many people - including police officers - are afraid of guns, which is as rational as being afraid of kitchen knives and pocket knives. It doesn't do the 2d Amendment cause any good to parade around a school carrying a rifle simply because its legal to do so. Then again, I've seen gun-loving cops eager to find reasons to take a legally carried firearm from someone in the interest of "getting it off the streets" and "making police officers safer."

If a business asks you as off-duty LE not to carry, you have the option not to patronize the business.

I personally assume that, unless specifically directed, a private business asking for no firearms carry doesn't mean LE or off duty LE. If I printed or was otherwise noticed to be carrying concealed in said business, and business owner objected, I would leave with no heartache. I don't really get wrapped around the axle about it and can't personally equate it to racial discrimination.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

In Arizona, a business owner or homeowner can "opt-out" should they disallow you from carrying on their property; it just has to be prominently displayed at all entrances to the establishment. It is not about limiting a state or federal law, but it is about their ownership of private property and the ability to feel safe in their perceived pursuit of life, liberty and happiness while occupying that private property. I can think of a few things protected by state and federal laws that I wouldn't want people doing on my private property.
    Regards,
    Joel

Isaiah 6:8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2