Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Tai Cheng

Likes (received)

Default Tai Cheng

Does anyone here have an experience with this training program?

http://www.teambeachbody.com/showcas.../1513855864001

It is an at-home Beachbody (P90X, Insanity) Tai Chi based workout. I've been doing it for two weeks now primarily to help my running.

I'm curious what style of tai chi it is based on and if the final form is one of the "official" forms?

Thanks,

Steven

Likes (received)

Hi Steve,

It does look like a nice fitness routine, although I'm not sure I'd recommend some of those deep stances for older people or anyone with knee issues.

I removed your thread from the Aiki/Internal Training forum, as I think it's more appropriate to the Member's Lounge.
    If that program were to have an internal component, then it would be relevant in the internals forums. But, I don't see or hear any indication that there is any such content, and it looks like one of those contemporary approaches that takes the external movements of tai chi and conventional calisthenics to make a fitness routine.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Cheng is Yang form, the large movements give it away to me anyway, to confirm, google gives what you asked for. His bio is at the link below

http://www.usadojo.com/biographies/mark-cheng.html

4. Likes Steven Wood liked this post
    Likes (received)

Most of the tai chi I've seen broadly practiced (as in, adult ed classes, @ yoga studios, etc.) around here, is Yang style. I learned the Yang-style short form, which is what is an almost universal exercise regimen in China. China actually celebrated an annual "Tai Chi is Good" day, I think in 2006, when thousands of people gathered in the middle of Beijing's old city to perform the 24-move Yang short form.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Thanks for the replies. You guys were very helpful.